Brawnkoh

The Sanchez and Stunt Jumping

I'd really like to see the ability for the Sanchez (or other specific dirt bikes) to stunt jump. It's a dirt bike, and should be able to successfully make reasonable jumps. The bike is intended to be used for this purpose, but can't be RP'd for its intended use.

I think taking that away from this vehicle removes any value the vehicle has since sports bikes and cars can now climb mountains.

Edited by Brawnkoh
grammatical error
  • Upvote 3

+1 if the reasonable jumps are clearly defined, no matter what kind of vehicle you are using, if you land on a flat ground from a decent height, no suspension is gonna be able to handle that, but if you landed on a slope with a dirt bike which would be able to negate the gravity, then that should be allowed.

+ also what support member said below me

Edited by BrainDed

If we're talking about making an allowance for roleplay's sake, such as for passive roleplay and/or character development by stunting around parks and stuff, sure, I could see that.

However if you want a carte blanche exception from the rules, where we will have Sanchez's stunt jumping away from cops or people chasing them with faster bikes, I'd rather not, as that will get very GTA Online, very quickly.

• Like 1

If sports cars are able to drive up mountains because the game mechanics allow it, then dirt-bikes should be able to do jumps that the game mechanics allow.

The rule states that unrealistic stunt jumping is not allowed. Though, I wouldn't consider doing jumps with a dirt-bike unrealistic, therefore it should be allowed.

Edited by MPheonix

3 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

If we're talking about making an allowance for roleplay's sake, such as for passive roleplay and/or character development by stunting around parks and stuff, sure, I could see that.

However if you want a carte blanche exception from the rules, where we will have Sanchez's stunt jumping away from cops or people chasing them with faster bikes, I'd rather not, as that will get very GTA Online, very quickly.

Here's an example. From Braddock's to Chiliad there is a route through (on top) the mountains. This route involves a series of cliff jumps to get from point A to point B due to a series of 10 foot ledge drop offs. It's how the trail is built. It seems to be, this should be an acceptable use for dirt bikes. It's great fun to go up there and just screw around in your free time.

I'm not talking launching off mountains to get away from cops. To be fair, I can see how not having a black or white rule on this specific vehicle could be problematic. Maybe only allow it during solo RP and/or RP where that is your sole intention, and keep the rules the same when chases are involved. 

I'm open to suggestions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.