MikeLidel

Police Crown Victoria Engine Modification

It seems every vehicle within the game is faster than the P71. I was chasing a truck for about ten minutes. (Was a HUGE box truck) and I couldn't even accelerate faster than the guy when we were both at a dead stop. Either the P71 should be modified. Or every vehicle's handling line should be modified to their real life counter part.

In the end, Modifying every handling line as well as having the engine disable script makes for very interesting pursuits and driving in general.

• Upvote 1

I support this however, it falls under the same "parameters" so to speak, of vehicle mods as a whole, adding the real life Crown Victoria, etc to the game. Just my perspective but I do know it's a pain in the ass trying to catch something/someone that in real life there shouldnt be any issues.

I don't think you read the post. I was chasing a BOX TRUCK that was going faster then my car. You cannot block those kinds of vehicles lol. You can call in backup. But if your vehicle cannot keep up with a truck that IRL would max out at 80-100 MPH. That's crazy.

• Upvote 1

I don't think you read the post. I was chasing a BOX TRUCK that was going faster then my car. You cannot block those kinds of vehicles lol. You can call in backup. But if your vehicle cannot keep up with a truck that IRL would max out at 80-100 MPH. That's crazy.

I'm sure there was no backup when you were on, as well.

I agree with this post, cop cars should be fast.

In fact %95 of the time. The officers are alone or have one other unit (At least when I get on the server) and again. If you're driving in a box truck. You shouldn't be able to outrun or keep a distance on the cruiser. I suggested cruisers speeds to be improved along with the damaged engine script that way even though the cruisers are fast. We have to be careful when handling them because we can wreck out quite easy.

As Link says this isn't GTAO, It's not like when you run. There are 10+ other cruisers diverging onto you. It'll probably just be the guy that engaged the pursuit and maybe one to two other officers. We also don't have dedicated air support. I'm not suggesting all of the cruisers to be bumped (The Charger and Taurus are fast enough to keep up. While the Crown Vic is the slowest and can barely top 93 mph (The speed it tops out IG is about 150 KMH). (I own a 2002 vic. These things can top out well past 110) They should be fast, and able to top out at around 200 KMH, If anyone here needs proof that these things go fast. I'm more then willing to putmy vic on the road and post a video ;)

• Upvote 1

Are you talking about the courier Boxville? I've tested it and it had much slower acceleration than your police vehicle and could only accelerate up to 110 km/h on a flat road, while the police car could reach up to 170 km/h

I agree that some car speeds aren't realistic, but that's a GTA V thing and if we make a police car go up to 200 km/h that would make it go faster than any sports or super land vehicle in-game which isn't good either... we would then have to modify all other vehicles. Also, you can select from more than one police vehicle (or should be, depends on faction settings) which have better performance than the Crown Victoria

• Upvote 1

Are you talking about the courier Boxville? I've tested it and it had much slower acceleration than your police vehicle and could only accelerate up to 110 km/h on a flat road, while the police car could reach up to 170 km/h

I agree that some car speeds aren't realistic, but that's a GTA V thing and if we make a police car go up to 200 km/h that would make it go faster than any sports or super land vehicle in-game which isn't good either... we would then have to modify all other vehicles. Also, you can select from more than one police vehicle (or should be, depends on faction settings) which have better performance than the Crown Victoria

No. It's not the Boxville it's the Big Goods Delivery Truck (Wasn't able to find a name)

While yes. We have other Police Vehicles (Charger or Taurus) and I myself am not a fan of either of those. (Hate the rear of the Taurus, and the Charger just looks stupid) The Crown Victoria is the iconic Police Vehicle, hop in it yourself and drive down the road. Try to chase a few people, it's just unbelievably slow. The Taurus is already modified (Full engine and turbo modifications) so I don't see a problem doing it to the Vic. If changing the handling of every single vehicle is the route to go (Which a lot of the popular RP servers in GTA 5 do) then that's the better route as it brings more realism to the table.

EDIT: Also, we were not able to get the cruiser past 150 (I was with another officer during this chase. He was using the radar which is how we figured out the Box Truck was going 10 KMH faster.

The truck is called a Pounder and it should not be faster than 140 km/h and I can get the police cruiser reach a speed of 170 km/h, also the police cruiser has faster acceleration and is better at maintaining speed when turning, so it should be superior in every way compared to the truck. Also, we haven't modified any vehicles. And can you send me a list of GTA V RP servers that modify vehicles?

By the way, are you using the savegame included in the GTA:N mod? I think using a savegame with higher driver skill makes you drive faster in GTA:N :D

• Upvote 2

State of Emergency - Modified Handling

Also Department of Justice I believe.

And when it came down to the chase. No, you can ask the other Officer. The handling was about the same and they were going about 160 (The other Officer's radar clocked em) so unless there is some major lag to where it makes the vehicle go faster then it actually is. I don't know what to tell you.

[media]

[/media]

Check out those videos to get an idea of what players want. That server is a FiveM server so it's limited to 24 players. But all throughout the day/night it is always packed. They've got the formula down and don't use all of the advanced features. (Everything is pretty much text based when it comes to the MDC, if you watch the video you'll see what I mean)

EDIT: And if you look in the video, the cop car reaches 190 km/h with ease ;)

I thought you were talking about GTA:N servers and because of that the statement sounded weird. :P

Anyway... I have made some testing and it's very easy to lower or increase vehicle performance without applying mods, but it starts getting weird when you get over 200 km/h. The cruiser could be made a little faster, but not fast enough to compete with high performance sports or super vehicles.

• Upvote 2

Wanna change the speed of my Tow Truck while you're at it? It doesn't have fuck all any power when I'm trying to a tow truck... In all honesty, it's sort of the same thing, once you do it for one person, a lot more will want it done.

Just my opinion. As it was said before, use an alternate vehicle. Although I do understand vehicle preferences.

• Upvote 1

Not asking for it to be able to keep up with sports cars. Just asking for it to be a little faster. Again. My preference is the Crown Vic. I own one IRL and I always drive on IG. I know the capabilities of these vehicles and I know how they should or shouldn't handle. The only reason I even brought this up was over the chase with the pounder.

The officer with me clocked him going 160. And I was stuck at 150. Be it server script lag or what ever but we were not able to keep up with him in the vic. And we barely had any sort of acceleration on him. (First few seconds we would gain a few feet, then he would be cruising at our speed)

You driving the crown vic when there are other, better, possibilities is your own fault. You need to deal with it.

What's the point of thinking like this? He wants to drive the crown Vic, why not make it somewhat viable? There will still be better options, but I'd rather drive a crown Vic, too.

What's the point of thinking like this? He wants to drive the crown Vic, why not make it somewhat viable? There will still be better options, but I'd rather drive a crown Vic, too.

Okay I want to drive a garbage truck all the time, make it so I can accelerate 0-60 in half a second...

You can drive whatever you want, but accept the vehicles how they are in GTA. Some cars are better in different situations and you have to adapt to that.

I've decided not to tweak any vehicles anytime soon. Maximum speed is not the only stat that makes a vehicle perform better. In this particular case the Pounder truck is still slower than the Crown Victoria and has less acceleration, it has very bad braking and handling, so it can only go fast in straight roads. There are more stats that make vehicles perform better, like the ability to maintain speed while making turns or driving uphill which the Pounder obviously lacks compared the Crown Victoria cruiser. Also, you should use the savegame found in the GTA:N folder, because the singleplayer characters there have maxed out driving skill which allows you to go slightly faster in GTA:N.