Eshu

Rule Addition (Fear/fail RP) Regarding Gas Station Robberies

I think we all need some written rules added into the fear/fail rp section.

When someone is robbing a gas station it is extremely fail rp to walk in and try and rob the two people robbing the gas station. In real life no one is ever going to do that. I asked an admin about this and they said it is fail rp but I think it should be added into the rule book.

Secondly,  I still think it's fail rp for a robber to wait outside the doors of a gas station to rob you as soon as you get out.  At least one person inside already has a gun out and the person should be under fear rp for his life being anywhere near the gas station.  especially because you already have a gun in your hand and out, az alarm in the gas station is going off and cops are on there way. 

Thoughts? 

Edited by Eshu

I think that with most things in roleplay, it's situational. I feel that if you went in a gang's territory, and started robbing stores, you might find yourself robbed or shot.

You have to remember that in real life most people are civilians, but here, most people are organized crime members.

I also don't personally agree with adding a rule for every single nonRP example, if a moderator+ really feels this is nonRP, he can act on it under the current nonRP rules.

-1 for it to be added to the rulebook. As @alexalex303 said it's extremely situational, sometimes it is clear FEAR RP to rob those robbing the store, other times it is completely fair play. As it is now the rules cover both fearrp and non RP in a deliberately vague way for them to be applied and determined on a case by case basis as every encounter is different.

Edited by TheCanadian
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheCanadian said:

-1 for it to be added to the rulebook. As @alexalex303 said it's extremely situational, sometimes it is clear FEAR RP to rob those robbing the store, other times it is completely fair play. As it is now the rules cover both fearrp and non RP in a deliberately vague way for them to be applied and determined on a case by case basis as every encounter is different.

Isn't this sort of a fish hook then? Banning is frequent for non RP and fear RP... so what if you believe the situation is RP because you have good justification and the moderator+ rules in favor of the  other party, now you have a record and a ban for something that as you said is "extremely situational" and "deliberately vague". This just feels like an excuse for abuse. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.