MrPancakers

Alter the Avoiding RP rule

Currently it states "Players are not required to engage in roleplay by the server rules".

According to this rule, if a player acts upon you with a /me, you are not required to reply back with your actions, and you may simply run away. This rule basically makes this a free roam server if we are not required to roleplay with another player.

The whole rule should simply state, if a player acts upon you, you're required to roleplay back. The whole rule is also confusing as when people read it, you say they can avoid the police and you'll simply drive off, but that isn't avoiding rp, it's how you're reacting to it. Ignoring a player in character isn't avoiding rp, it's simply ignoring them which of course leads to the other player doing whatever action he needs to do.

Edited by Guest
  • Upvote 3

I agree with this. If I want to RP with someone, they should RP back. After all this is a multiplayer roleplay server. If people can't grasp those things then I suggest they find somewhere else to play. This rule just safeguards people who bitch and moan about being involved in RP that doesn't go their way.

Edited by Guest

I agree with this. If I want to RP with someone, they should RP back. After all this is a multiplayer roleplay server. If people can't grasp those things then I suggest they find somewhere else to play. This rule just safeguards people who bitch and moan about being involved in RP that doesn't go their way.

I fully agree, couple of times tried to roleplay with some people and they were like "Fuck off...", "Ah let's go, it's just a typical moron". Just ignored me and drove off doing their own buisness.

Edited by Guest
  • Upvote 1

Out of chance I now see the rule has been changed.

You no longer state if you do or don't have to roleplay with someone, does this automatically mean you have to interact with someone? Or does the old rule still stand that you don't have to roleplay with someone if you don't want to? EG someone interacts with /me's and /do's, can you just walk away still?

I'm not talking about avoiding police in a car chance, but like I said if I interact with someone, they have to respond now?

/me's and /do's are not mandatory. The end goal for the server is to utilize a fully functional voice-chat where text-chat becomes only an alternative. We have a broad range of players whose roleplay caliber is different, so it would be best to adapt your roleplay to each individual player.

Edited by Guest