Cyrus Raven

Clarify NRP Ramming rules

So the suggestion is pretty straight forward. Clarify what is meant by ramming with an ''expensive'' car or a ''sports'' or ''supercar''.

These terms all need to be defined for the sake of roleplay. 

I've asked around and I get some people that say that cars like the Dominator can't be used to ram even though the car is neither a sports car or expensive. Then I have people saying to only use trucks like the contender to ram even though that car costs around 200k+ ... These rules are extremely vague and need to be clarified.

Here is the actual suggestion:

• Create a list of common vehicles and classify them (Sports, Muscle, Wagon, Truck, Van, etc...)
  • Clarify what is meant by ''expensive'' (Otherwise technically anyone who is ramming with a contender is in direct violation of the rules as it is an expensive car)
  • Optional: Allow for flexibility in RP with this rule. Essentially if someone finds themselves in a situation where they are forced to use their car to ram someone then it should be well within their choice to do so, no matter the price or type of car. Sometimes it is better to live and potentially destroy an expensive car as opposed to letting yourself get killed because your afraid of breaking a rule that is meant for people who are purposely ramming others.)

I would personally consider any vehicle that costs 100-150k+ as expensive. Sure a contender has offroad and possibly ramming capabilities, but it wouldn't be cheap to repair. There are sports cars that cost less than 200k and one could say ramming with those would be nonrp due to them being expensive. 

I do agree some sort of a price tag should replace the word "expensive".

Im all for making the rules more clear. But you need to understand that some vehicles are built for ramming and some are not. Contenders may be expensive but they have ramming bars which would make them viable for such aggresive manuevers.

6 minutes ago, punched said:

Im all for making the rules more clear. But you need to understand that some vehicles are built for ramming and some are not. Contenders may be expensive but they have ramming bars which would make them viable for such aggresive manuevers.

Thats why need to be clear about this . 

Witch cars can by used to ram because people use bikes to do Lag-slam . 

5 hours ago, punched said:

100% agree with you, in terms of whether or not these cars are able to withstand ramming other cars you are correct, but it clashes with the whole ''expensive'' rule as contenders are quite expensive.

One thing I would also like to clarify is ''built for ramming''. 

Right now if I own a dominator and I driving down the highway and a bunch of other cars initiate on me I am NOT allowed to ram them if I need to at some point during the pursuit. Does this mean I bought the dominator for ''ramming'' ? No, but within RP at that particular moment, I am much more worried about surviving the situation than I am about what my car will look like if I bump into another car. I understand players should probably buy a fit for ramming car if they actively raiding and getting into pursuits, but I don't think the rule should impede players who decide to use their cars for ramming under a situation that calls for it.

4 minutes ago, Hoxton_Curry said:

If you vehicle is in one of these types that are highlighted in red you may ram

there are some exceptions tho, like the bifta

Screenshot_334.png

Sure, but if I then ram using a contender I am in direct violation of the following rule ''• Unrealistic stunt jumping or the use of an expensive vehicle to ram into other vehicles.''

This is the only rule in the entire rule book pertaining to ramming, the other ''rules'' are from the roleplay guide, which is all the more confusing. So the question remains if I own 2 vehicles that are above 200k+ in value and then I own a stock 65k dominator (One of the cheaper vehicles on the server) then why would I not use that one to ram ? And even if I didn't buy to purposely ram, why would I not use it if the situation asked for it ?

5 minutes ago, Hoxton_Curry said:

just dont overthink it

literally everyone rams with a contender and is a car used for ramming 

I mean the entire reason why I am ''overthinking it'' is exactly because these rules are vague as fuck.

I am absolutely able to justify using a dominator in-game to ram as it does not break the rule I stated above. What I don't want to happen is I then get reported and punished for something that isn't explicit in the rules.

All I want is a bit more detail, shouldn't be that hard to do, probably would take a few minutes of consulting with the staff and then resubmitting the rule PDF, seems like a fairly simple task.

Hello, it has been some time since this suggestion were created. I believe that fast-forwarding over a year later, there's really no need to overthink things - staff have not had many issues with players ramming with expensive vehicles that we need to go into overthinking and list down each vehicles. Common sense has been applied in majority of the ramming situations, and in others, we've educated the players.

Should we feel that we need to make a longer list we will do that.

Thank you for your suggestion,

- Osborn.