TheCanadian

PD and ChopShops

Another simple suggestion and addition to the OOC PD rule for patrolling drug labs. Add a similar one one for chopshops. They can only go to them when someone calls them/makes a report about the chopshop directly making the call at the location or describing it in the report.

I have had multiple encounters where PD are camping/patrolling at or near a chopshop waiting for someone to start chopping or on a BOLO to catch them. Obviously chopshops are in set locations because of the script, however i do not think PD should know the locations ICly as they can be chopped anywhere, in your own garage,with an illegal connection you have,etc. This suggestion would make it so that even if there is a BOLO out PD should not be able to patrol the chopshops and drive by the areas in hopes to see cars there as they shouldn't know the locations ICly unless someone makes the call and reports it.

The mentioned drug lab suggestion post:

Let me know your thoughts!

Edited by TheCanadian
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Scott Cleverley said:

I believe it's a rule already like that.

I was told by many PD members that the rule in place is just for drug labs, not chopshops. They can currently camp the chopshops, patrol to find it and drive by them or come back later if a BOLO is placed. Chopshops do not require a call placed the same as drug labs from everything i have been told. there is no ooc rule against camping or patrolling them.

Edited by TheCanadian
  • Like 1

This is an internal faction rule that I created in PD and not a server rule (in terms of drug labs). We will discuss in PD leadership about extending the rule to chop shops, but I cannot make any promises. But you do have to realize that in terms of chop shops, all it takes is one person reporting their car stolen and now officers have a reason to go to the chop shop, to try and intervene a stolen car. 

The same principle applies for drug labs, out internal rule only regulates that officers need to have an IC reason to go to a lab.

As for this suggestion, I would like to see a revamped chop shop system with multiple locations and different vehicle demands in different locations, and have the demand rotate between locations, very much like GTA San Andreas chop shops if anyone played that game.

• Like 4
  • PogU 1

2 hours ago, FatherOsborn said:

As for this suggestion, I would like to see a revamped chop shop system with multiple locations and different vehicle demands in different locations, and have the demand rotate between locations, very much like GTA San Andreas chop shops if anyone played that game.

This is good to hear, but I think something should be done until then

2 hours ago, FatherOsborn said:

But you do have to realize that in terms of chop shops, all it takes is one person reporting their car stolen and now officers have a reason to go to the chop shop, to try and intervene a stolen car.

This is my contention, PD should not know the chopshop even if there is a BOLO out on someone's car until somebody makes a 911 call about it. I.e the guy who's car got stolen asks around for chop location, goes to it waiting for his car to show up and when it does he calls the cops

3 hours ago, FatherOsborn said:

This is an internal faction rule that I created in PD and not a server rule (in terms of drug labs). We will discuss in PD leadership about extending the rule to chop shops, but I cannot make any promises. But you do have to realize that in terms of chop shops, all it takes is one person reporting their car stolen and now officers have a reason to go to the chop shop, to try and intervene a stolen car. 

The same principle applies for drug labs, out internal rule only regulates that officers need to have an IC reason to go to a lab.

God Dam GTA SA - or SAMP should we say... Miss that shit everyday you played on NG RP?

On 3/19/2019 at 8:37 AM, FatherOsborn said:

+1 to that

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.