MrUntouchable215

Use these methods to punish rule breakers. (Support-Admin eyes needed)

So I recently made a habit of playing ECRP at around 12-4AM eastern and I came across a few things that opened my eyes a bit and I'm pretty sure these are things that most of us know but has been left unsaid for whatever the reason may be. On my off time, I spend some time looking at the report section, both pending and archived reports and I can honestly say, it's quite literally some of the funniest and most entertaining shit to watch. I recently watched a guy in one of those videos go into the bank and started kicking and punching a guy who was getting his salary until he was injured, as wild as that is, it's funny as hell.

Back on topic though, this is for the Admin team and how to clean up the community a lot more efficiently. I implore you guys to take some time one of these days and play at 12-4AM or so, maybe even further down until 6AM maybe? The amount of rule breakers is most intense during those times. It's not subtle at all, most of them are extremely blatant. I feel like Admins should step away from PD and MD and start playing on criminal characters and you'll find these people left and right. Go do a home invasion and see if the guy getting invaded won't break every single rule in the span of 30 minutes. Don't just rely on reports made by players, experience this for yourself sometimes and you'll find patterns and tricks to find them, things you will never obtain on a video made by another player. 

These types of things happen so commonly that I'm beginning to feel like the report section on forums is becoming obsolete. I mean in the grand scheme of things, I know that isn't correct but here's two reasons I don't report anyone.

1. I just can't afford the space to record all day

2. It happens so much that I'll end up posting reports multiple times a day and frankly, I'm not getting paid to do that, so hell naw. I want to actually play the game. I bet my bottom dollar that if you ask your community when they actually make reports, they'll basically respond with "When I get the most salty about it" They likely run into a lot more rule breakers than their reports mention, but they just can't be bothered to report multiple times a day, everyday. It's a hassle. 

This is why I say Admins should commonly play criminal characters and really step into the belly of the beast. Don't be LFB (No offense) and hide in the shadows, step into the real Los Santos you guys created and see what chaos lies underneath it. Participate in these wars, make drugs, rob stores, etc. 

• Like 1

Hello.

You have to understand that we weren't prepared for this huge influx of new players over the course of this week. We've always staffed our team with the amount we feel is sufficient to manage the community. As of right now, we've got 1,800 pending applications into the server, yesterday we had ~1300 and we brought it down to 1000 in a few hours, it's obviously more than what the team can manage, on top of taking care of the community In-Game.

We are working on solving the staffing issue and making sure that we can swiftly and efficiently manage the community. We're currently in the process of interviewing community members who applied for our Support Team and got accepted, that process should be done soon and we should be seeing 15-20 new support members. We also created a Quiz Management team recently which we are still actively staffing, the intention with this team is to allow support and above to focus more on the game itself and help people directly In-Game, the past few days have been stressful for us and forced all of our staff to assist with player applications. We also recently took on more moderators who are all in training, they will soon be ready to take on reports and handle situations on their own. We intend on moving more support up to moderators in the near future, but because of how our recruitment and training process works, we can only take on so many at the time. 

I can only encourage you to keep reporting those who deliberately break our server rules. We encourage our staff to send people back to the character application stage if they show that they are incapable of role-playing, following and/or understanding our server rules. 

I hope that somewhat eases your mind,

- Osborn.

• Like 1

@FatherOsborn Honestly, this post was regarding the community before the influx of new players. The things I spoke about was when the community was more stable and 12AM-4AM had around 50 or so players. The result remains the same as far as rule breaking and when it happens but if you really want to clean the community, staff has to play a more criminal approach rather than PD or MD. I agree with you and I'm sure the team has their hands full.

On 3/18/2019 at 10:07 AM, FatherOsborn said:

Hello.

You have to understand that we weren't prepared for this huge influx of new players over the course of this week. We've always staffed our team with the amount we feel is sufficient to manage the community. As of right now, we've got 1,800 pending applications into the server, yesterday we had ~1300 and we brought it down to 1000 in a few hours, it's obviously more than what the team can manage, on top of taking care of the community In-Game.

We are working on solving the staffing issue and making sure that we can swiftly and efficiently manage the community. We're currently in the process of interviewing community members who applied for our Support Team and got accepted, that process should be done soon and we should be seeing 15-20 new support members. We also created a Quiz Management team recently which we are still actively staffing, the intention with this team is to allow support and above to focus more on the game itself and help people directly In-Game, the past few days have been stressful for us and forced all of our staff to assist with player applications. We also recently took on more moderators who are all in training, they will soon be ready to take on reports and handle situations on their own. We intend on moving more support up to moderators in the near future, but because of how our recruitment and training process works, we can only take on so many at the time. 

I can only encourage you to keep reporting those who deliberately break our server rules. We encourage our staff to send people back to the character application stage if they show that they are incapable of role-playing, following and/or understanding our server rules. 

I hope that somewhat eases your mind,

- Osborn.

Cant always blame the new players my man. Plenty of people have been telling me the server has been like this since 2017 even longer. It has a major lack of enforcement/punishments. Lately the past few days i have seen more cops and admins on during there part which is nice. Again yes the influx of players has increased the NCZ crimes a lot higher but its been like this from the get go. I honestly dont think its right to rob someone if they are solo. I basically had to restart many times. I get some progress going and get some items/guns/whatever then next thing you know you get robbed. I feel the robbing should have a little stricter rules. Basically right now its just a big'ol rob fest and i dont see it changing unless rules get changed. And with the mass flood of players trying to come in i wouldnt be worried about losing some just cause rules got changed up a bit to make the game more Solo/New player friendly. 

Edited by NoTown

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.