ryanlove

Better freelance wages

I firmly believe that there should be a pay boost for freelancers. This would also apply to mining and oil. Upon returning from my break, I discovered that the freelance trucking work had been nerfed to holy hell, and the bus route's salary had been reduced. I'm not sure why, but I believe that more RP and less grinding would result from higher salaries.

More freelance jobs being added would be cool also.

Freelance jobs were rebalanced to be more even with one another. Previously, you had jobs like trucker or woodcutting that could make you 10-15k an hour where some jobs would only make you maybe 5k an hour. They were all rebalanced to provide more job variety so everyone wasn't just doing the same thing. 

1 hour ago, Requiem said:

Freelance jobs were rebalanced to be more even with one another. Previously, you had jobs like trucker or woodcutting that could make you 10-15k an hour where some jobs would only make you maybe 5k an hour. They were all rebalanced to provide more job variety so everyone wasn't just doing the same thing. 

The new trucking system with picking up trailers killed the job sadly 😐 Not worth what you get paid from the job to do it anymore. I think some jobs should pay more like mining/oil/lumber tbh. You usually would buy a mule before going out and chances of getting robbed using a crate is pretty high.

I don't know what job pays 5k an hour, maybe coroner lol. I seen the paleto bus route pay is less money now also. I just think pay should go up and never down. People with more money = more rp. 

56 minutes ago, ryanlove said:

The new trucking system with picking up trailers killed the job sadly 😐 Not worth what you get paid from the job to do it anymore. I think some jobs should pay more like mining/oil/lumber tbh. You usually would buy a mule before going out and chances of getting robbed using a crate is pretty high.

I don't know what job pays 5k an hour, maybe coroner lol. I seen the paleto bus route pay is less money now also. I just think pay should go up and never down. People with more money = more rp. 

100% agree with your comment about trucking.  There should be some adjustments to the trailer system to let you take multiple loads before the trailer despawns.  I believe the trailers were brought about after the freelance jobs pay were rebalanced.

The overall pay increase, I will disagree with, however.  Most of these jobs are done solo and don't provide much rp opportunity (minus roadworkers & burgershot).  They aren't there to be full time jobs, but more a place to get started or do in your free time.  More money in these jobs will only mean people will grind more to get to the top of the food chain and wouldn't increase the amount of rp happening IMO.  More money in these jobs will also even further throw off the already unbalanced economy.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hector2Fingers said:

100% agree with your comment about trucking.  There should be some adjustments to the trailer system to let you take multiple loads before the trailer despawns.  I believe the trailers were brought about after the freelance jobs pay were rebalanced.

The overall pay increase, I will disagree with, however.  Most of these jobs are done solo and don't provide much rp opportunity (minus roadworkers & burgershot).  They aren't there to be full time jobs, but more a place to get started or do in your free time.  More money in these jobs will only mean people will grind more to get to the top of the food chain and wouldn't increase the amount of rp happening IMO.  More money in these jobs will also even further throw off the already unbalanced economy.

Yeah, that makes sense actually, i didn't think about it like that. 

Changes required for the city.

1.       Increase freelance job Pay rate

Some jobs may give you as low as $18 per barrier (30 total) which amounts to $540 over the course of 5minutes! This amounts to  one of the lowest minimum wages at 2945.5/HR assuming the 6minute shifts

2.       Some jobs pay more than others.

Some jobs such as the Paleto bus nets around 12255.3/hr while the other route nets 3945.2/hr

This is a huge disparity in pay amongst the same job and may cause people to favor one over the other for net gain instead of separating workload to help the people of the city.

3.       Healthcare costs are too high!

It costs $3000 for a professional medical help. This can be a whole hour of someone’s work! Needs to be lower at around 2250 and the painkillers would need to be around 1125~ (75%)

4.       Farming needs a bit more to be inline with the most profitable (bus-Paleto) or bring everything else to par to the same per/hr costs. This includes basic minimum wage increases for courier, some bus routes, and the garbage workers past the first 12 bags.

5.       Having freelance work as your current job may increase your government salary by up to 200% depending on job scarcity and importance to the city. This may also reduce the number of crimes in the city and in turn make the cops focus on more pertinent tasks.

6.       Road workers need to know which tasks are currently being performed by other road workers. The incident being worked at should turn a different color to indicate that it’s being performed and not have conflicts with others.

7.       Firefighters need not to be an essential part of roadworkers’ day. If there is a fire, a roadworker should be able to take it off and not wait for an EMT/police that never shows. Add fire extinguishers per truck.

8.       Give truck more time before losing battery power.  In many instances of 1-2 people clearing 100 barriers. The truck will go away after x time (even if 2nd person with temporary key attempts to move it periodically)

Example: I spend 1.2hrs on a 22$ per cone workload (100cones) ended up with 3k and had to use them to heal myself cuz I fell down the mountain trying to get another truck cuz the one we already had disappeared!

EDIT: just did some testing. 

1. Farming is now not consistent. It used to be a constant  243 per crop (x25) over 33min =  11045.5/HR  . Now it's Varying anywhere between 190 to 243 giving you a lower Per Hour At  10103.6  with average yield of 222.28 per crop  This  needs to be reveresed

I'm not saying bring everything to have the same  Per/Hr profit. I'm saying account for the time it takes to finish the task in it's entirety. the more you spend on a task the more it will eventually profit you in per/hr basis.. for example a 72 seconds fishing yield per fish should not have the same Per/hr as a 33min farming job. the opportunity cost needs to be adjusted for total time before payout. but not to extremes like how 1 bus route is 3.9k (@11Minutes) and the other is 12K! (@16.45minutes)

Edited by Vanish619
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Vanish619 said:

Changes required for the city.

1.       Increase freelance job Pay rate

Some jobs may give you as low as $18 per barrier (30 total) which amounts to $540 over the course of 5minutes! This amounts to  one of the lowest minimum wages at 2945.5/HR assuming the 6minute shifts

2.       Some jobs pay more than others.

Some jobs such as the Paleto bus nets around 12255.3/hr while the other route nets 3945.2/hr

This is a huge disparity in pay amongst the same job and may cause people to favor one over the other for net gain instead of separating workload to help the people of the city.

3.       Healthcare costs are too high!

It costs $3000 for a professional medical help. This can be a whole hour of someone’s work! Needs to be lower at around 2250 and the painkillers would need to be around 1125~ (75%)

4.       Farming needs a bit more to be inline with the most profitable (bus-Paleto) or bring everything else to par to the same per/hr costs. This includes basic minimum wage increases for courier, some bus routes, and the garbage workers past the first 12 bags.

5.       Having freelance work as your current job may increase your government salary by up to 200% depending on job scarcity and importance to the city. This may also reduce the number of crimes in the city and in turn make the cops focus on more pertinent tasks.

6.       Road workers need to know which tasks are currently being performed by other road workers. The incident being worked at should turn a different color to indicate that it’s being performed and not have conflicts with others.

7.       Firefighters need not to be an essential part of roadworkers’ day. If there is a fire, a roadworker should be able to take it off and not wait for an EMT/police that never shows. Add fire extinguishers per truck.

8.       Give truck more time before losing battery power.  In many instances of 1-2 people clearing 100 barriers. The truck will go away after x time (even if 2nd person with temporary key attempts to move it periodically)

Example: I spend 1.2hrs on a 22$ per cone workload (100cones) ended up with 3k and had to use them to heal myself cuz I fell down the mountain trying to get another truck cuz the one we already had disappeared!

EDIT: just did some testing. 

1. Farming is now not consistent. It used to be a constant  243 per crop (x25) over 33min =  11045.5/HR  . Now it's Varying anywhere between 190 to 243 giving you a lower Per Hour At  10103.6  with average yield of 222.28 per crop  This  needs to be reveresed

I'm not saying bring everything to have the same  Per/Hr profit. I'm saying account for the time it takes to finish the task in it's entirety. the more you spend on a task the more it will eventually profit you in per/hr basis.. for example a 72 seconds fishing yield per fish should not have the same Per/hr as a 33min farming job. the opportunity cost needs to be adjusted for total time before payout. but not to extremes like how 1 bus route is 3.9k (@11Minutes) and the other is 12K! (@16.45minutes)

The server staff team has already done this. We went through and collected many hours worth of data for each of the freelance jobs and calculated the profit per hour of work at max efficiency and the dev's rebalanced the jobs based on this data. No further changes should be needed for now. 

Edited by Requiem
  • NAY 1

4 hours ago, Josh_Mercer said:

My view on this after 4 years of struggling, work on Roleplaying and meeting people and you can set up your own creative business! 🙂

Wish we had more custom stuff. I ain't going to start a restaurant by placing two vending machines down lol.  Would love to own an repair shop that i could hire staff and all that. A phone update would also be huge for personal business. This doesn't really feel like a server to start your own business. It's feels like a grind/dm server to me.

Edited by ryanlove

Regarding bus pay and routes, we'll look at those when the new bus routes come into play.

For me, I don't think it's about what you get paid so much as what you do to get paid with these jobs, if I'm honest.

You could make the bus driver more interesting by having like the active bus drivers appear on the mini-map doing the routes, have a basic pay with bonuses for completing the route within a set window of time (not too fast, not too slow) or for completing it without damaging the vehicle.

Adding things like job skill levels, whether that's to access new vehicles associated with the job, bonuses for completing the job or new activities with the job, would reward repetition. Right now, you can catch fish 1 and be paid the same for the 1000th fish you catch.

Hell, rotate the payout bonuses on jobs, so jobs 1-2-3 have better pay this week, then next week jobs 4-5-6 do.

Add more activities that you can do to make money and where the job isn't a 9-5, stop with the automatic tax stuff.

I'd do a full thread on it, if I thought it would go somewhere.

Edited by Bala
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, ryanlove said:

Wish we had more custom stuff. I ain't going to start a restaurant by placing two vending machines down lol.  Would love to own an repair shop that i could hire staff and all that. A phone update would also be huge for personal business. This doesn't really feel like a server to start your own business. It's feels like a grind/dm server to me.

LSC is open and hiring a lot of the time etc. so there's no need and there used to be Mirror Park Tuning, but that died because no one literally used it sadly. It worked differently where you had to pay the mechanic 500 cash ontop of the scripted 500. Same price as LSC but the worker got paid directly for working.

18 minutes ago, Josh_Mercer said:

LSC is open and hiring a lot of the time etc. so there's no need and there used to be Mirror Park Tuning, but that died because no one literally used it sadly. It worked differently where you had to pay the mechanic 500 cash ontop of the scripted 500. Same price as LSC but the worker got paid directly for working.

I guess taking a break from the server and playing fivem rp spoiled me. 

On 2/22/2024 at 9:00 PM, Requiem said:

The server staff team has already done this. We went through and collected many hours worth of data for each of the freelance jobs and calculated the profit per hour of work at max efficiency and the dev's rebalanced the jobs based on this data. No further changes should be needed for now. 

can you at least fix the mixed poultry corn bags from farming that disappears after a little while? I farmed the crops into bags and as soon as I went to get the car to sell them, the 2nd batch disappeared from the farm. I have to think ahead and loot the first batch i plowed first then sell that before going for the second. it's very irritating to lose half of your 30min work of work over something as simple as "add 3more minutes to crops before disappearing. pretty sure getting  6267.3 per hour instead of  11045.5 wasn't in the balancing plan