Demonmit1

TAZER BUFF - Make tazer hits effect stats like drugs do

• Who is the suggestion for?
    - Law enforcement officers using their tazer.
  • Why is the suggestion being made?
    - just recently failure to reasonably RP being tazed multiple times was removed from the NonRP rules
    - the new addition of buffs and debuffs to player capabilities would be an interesting way to make tazers more "scriptly" functional, forcing individuals to deal with the effects of actually being tazed, rather than expecting them to RP the effects.
    - just witnessed a guy get tazed by police probably 20+ times, each time getting back up and trying to run away in handcuffs, surrounded by 12 cops.

• What are the pros and/or cons of the suggestion?
    - Pros:
    realistic in game consequences for getting tazed
    using a script to enforce powergaming rules of repeatedly getting tazed, rather than expecting players to follow it properly.
    force cops to be more accurate with tazers, as they commonly accidently taze their fellow officers in the heat of the moment trying to take down a criminal
    using the new affects for non drug use, adding script support to make tazing more "realistic" 
    force cops to decide if they want to taze an individual, which will require EMS support to fix/stabilize the individual after getting tazed multiple times.

• - Cons:
    dev work?
    powergaming from cops knowing they can now affect players scriptly with tazers, other than just knocking them over.
    people complaining more about cops getting another buff and crims getting another nerf

• How should the suggestion be implemented?

using the new buff/con system that drugs provide, getting struck by a tazer would affect your characters stats similarly. getting tazed would reduce a characters stats, making them slower, weaker, and inducing stress. each successive taze would add onto the reduction, keeping the old rule of "three tazes" to realistically be put out of commission for most people. 

this system would allow players who are scriptly on drugs with higher stats to realistically shrug off multiple tazes, as the stat reduction wouldnt affect them as quickly, since their stats would start off quite higher.

Edited by Demonmit1

+1

A script limitation should be in place when you are hit by a tazer back to back, such as a movement slowdown and extended ragdoll. Also kicking while in cuffs should have a chance to ragdoll the player kicking, simulating losing balance. 

+1

Would love to see something like this. The amount of times I heard "I've been tazed so many times, I'm immune now." while in DOC was astounding. On my crim I'm done after 3, usually stop after 2 and RP being weak. It's not hard to do. But seeing people get tazed 10+ times and just continue to go full speed without any reason is super annoying. If added at a script level, it would help a lot. I don't like forced RP, but there are a few too many people that refuse to RP any tazer effects at all.

+1 the suggestion makes sense and we have the script of character effects to support it now. Have the taser add a modifier to the speed, strength and stress as mentioned so the character becomes weaker and weaker if they continuously get tased. As it stands now, there is nothing stopping a player from continuously running from a taser regardless of how many times they have been hit with it. 

16 hours ago, Demonmit1 said:

people complaining more about cops getting another buff and crims getting another nerf

To be honest, I haven't seen anything good that could be improved to make Criminal Roleplay much more enjoyable for those who want to create their own story as a criminal person. Basically, everyone has given up and is creating new characters to be in the legal factions . This is what I see and hear from everyone else. 

4 hours ago, Salvador Rivera said:

To be honest, I haven't seen anything good that could be improved to make Criminal Roleplay much more enjoyable for those who want to create their own story as a criminal person. Basically, everyone has given up and is creating new characters to be in the legal factions . This is what I see and hear from everyone else. 

Definitely heard and saw this a lot while in DOC. "Hey, I'm making a legal character, how is working here? What are the requirements?" I do feel like everyone should play legal side and crim side at some point though to have perspective on how things work from both angles.