Demonmit1

scripted chop shop business similar to pawn shop, but for selling stolen cars

• Who is the suggestion for?
    - Criminal players that are not a part of a large faction or group
    - small groups that are not interested in running labs
    - new players to generate cash as a crim
  • Why is the suggestion being made?
    - there is only realistically two "solo" options for individual criminals to do crime by themselves, Breaking open ATMs and Robbing houses, everything else either requires at least 2 people(store robbery), or is so obnoxiously tedious to do solo (chopping, cooking) that its not worth the time and effort
    - in the scale of progression, Breaking open ATMs is low requirements and a low payout, while house robberies are high requirements with tools needed for a higher payout, with funds up front to invest. adding this middle ground option to allow individual players to sell stolen cars to a scripted chop shop entity would flesh out reasonable options for solo players or small groups of players to do crim stuff
    - with the cost of private chops, groups that are able to afford them don't advertise when they're running one to pay random individuals for providing them cars, due to the risk of theft

• What are the pros and/or cons of the suggestion?
    - Pro: another option for new or solo criminals to generate money
    - Con: requires dev work
    - Con: would detract from people RPing hiring random players to go bring them cars for their private chop (but that doesnt really happen anyways?)

• How should the suggestion be implemented?
    - Add a scripted store/sell point very similar to the Pawn Shop for selling fully functional working stolen vehicles
    - set the same lower tier price payout as the Pawn Shop, like 45% of the total chop value if the player chopped the car and sold the pieces themselves

TL;DR.
Add a new crim sell point like the pawn shop where players can sell stolen vehicles for cash. This would give more options for an individual crim to make a bit of money. make the payout reasonable to be in-between doing ATMs and Robbing houses, something like, 45% of what the car is worth if it was fully chopped and sold in parts? 45% price is based on current pawnshop payout),specific pricing would need to be balanced to not be overpowered, and still incentivize groups to go to a lab to chop a car for better pay.

Edited by Demonmit1
  • Like 1

Doing small chops as a solo crim isn't bad money for the effort you put into it. I do think a positive change to chopping would be to increase the amount of local cars available, but lower the price you get per part to even it out. I don't chop often anymore on my crim, but when I do I feel like I spend way too much time just looking for a car to take than anything. Either the amount of spawns needs to be upped or the respawn rate needs to be adjusted. Also changing the minigame on pulling the parts off would be huge, but that's a whole suggestion on it's own.