jdotmo

Outside Cooking Building Change

With the recent change to private tables I don’t think tables should count towards your 25 outside building items. 

I do like the change as it requires more risk to private cooking and can promote good interactions between players.  However with the need for storage for waters and some sort of cover for you to hide the tables. 25 spaces just isn’t enough unless the house you own already has some sort of outside cover. 

Would like to here thoughts.

• Like 1

+1 and I would like to also add that when trying to cook without a table having a higher percentage of popping it requires about 700ish waters to cook a batch of 250. With that being said if you have 700 filled waters, that requires 7 safes minimum to store filled waters. Then I would imagine people want a safe for product to cook. Even safes for storing tables after cooking. So you are looking at minimum of 10 safes. Then most places you need to build a cover with a gate or door which then would add more building places being taken. At this point you can only put down a few tables which I think for most people would agree the risk isn’t worth the reward. If that was the point of the change then I guess farewell tables.

If you only have 5 tables down cooking. You are only going to make 25 product in an hour. I am all for having the change of having to be outside cooking but I believe you should be able to have the ability to place down how many you are willing to risk instead of being limited. 

meantime everyone missing the elephant in the room, people still CTRL X click to look through walls. 
so you also need to double wall everything, making the point very obvious that there is something going on, 

this isn't being fixed still after years, when its common sense to do so after the implementation of the new chop system,
i find these changes good in one way, but the fact they just ignore fixing this i find very disrespectful, 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, jdotmo said:

With the recent change to private tables I don’t think tables should count towards your 25 outside building items. 

I do like the change as it requires more risk to private cooking and can promote good interactions between players.  However with the need for storage for waters and some sort of cover for you to hide the tables. 25 spaces just isn’t enough unless the house you own already has some sort of outside cover. 

Would like to here thoughts.

+1

I do agree and it being this way does sort of feel like an oversight, more than a feature if I'm honest.
That said, I do think there would need to be a separate limit on how many tables could be placed within a property's radius though, just to avoid any goofiness.

As for the water bottles, filling bottles with ocean water always has been a little goofy, especially when you consider that putting these at a residence, means there is a local water source near, at all times.

What I think would actually maybe run is having a water barrel deployable, as part of the lab equipment, a bit like how the chop shops are.

• Buy a water barrel from the street NPC that sells equipment for the chops or laundry OR from a 24/7, as it's a legal item.
  • You can deploy a water barrel on property you can permission for but it must have a little bit of distance away from another player object.
  • If you got a table within range of a deployed water barrel, you can use the table.
  • Every time you successfully make a drug, it drains the water barrel of some water and it'll will eventually reach zero.
  • You can either buy a new barrel or fill it up if you really have to.
  • If it reaches zero and you try and cook, it just won't work. It won't turn into a bomb, it'll just not work.

Do the same shit with a gas canister for the power for the tables and you got yourself a lab.

No need for explosions if you in the world. No need to have gang members going down to the beach to collect water like this is some third world country.

Suttin like this.

lFKlkze.png

Edited by Bala
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Bala said:

+1

I do agree and it being this way does sort of feel like an oversight, more than a feature if I'm honest.
That said, I do think there would need to be a separate limit on how many tables could be placed within a property's radius though, just to avoid any goofiness.

As for the water bottles, filling bottles with ocean water always has been a little goofy, especially when you consider that putting these at a residence, means there is a local water source near, at all times.

What I think would actually maybe run is having a water barrel deployable, as part of the lab equipment, a bit like how the chop shops are.

• Buy a water barrel from the street NPC that sells equipment for the chops or laundry OR from a 24/7, as it's a legal item.
  • You can deploy a water barrel on property you can permission for but it must have a little bit of distance away from another player object.
  • If you got a table within range of a deployed water barrel, you can use the table.
  • Every time you successfully make a drug, it drains the water barrel of some water and it'll will eventually reach zero.
  • If it reaches zero and you try and cook, it just won't work. It won't turn into a bomb, it'll just not work.

Do the same shit with a gas canister for the power for the tables and you got yourself a lab.

No need for explosions if you in the world. No need to have gang members going down to the beach to collect water like this is some third world country.

Suttin like this.

lFKlkze.png

Praise the lord for this lmao. The water is a whole separate issue that I have grown to cope with. 

I like the idea, i still like removinng the water minigame, or makinng it so you refill however manny bottles you have in your inventory like last time, make it so bottles only stack to 25 so people dont abuse the old system of caryying 500 bottles then refilling them all at once. We need something other than a force to PVP in public labs to upkeep drug turfs!!

7 hours ago, Bala said:

+1

Suttin like this.

lFKlkze.png

good idea, but dont forget that the huge watterbottle must be imported at a cost of 250 000 and a kidney XD 
can we now focus on the mayor issue, with people CTRL X clicking to look through walls ??????? i mean cmon guys, double walling is not resolving the issue dor it being very obvious that something ( we sure should not have to see is going on there)

what is the point in having a lab outside at all, if someone can just drive by and ctrl X click and see everything going on there, yes you can be banned, but some people just don't give no fucks in the game

On 12/15/2023 at 5:40 AM, Bala said:

+1

Suttin like this.

lFKlkze.png

Bala for the Win

On 12/14/2023 at 6:50 PM, Ritchie Stones said:

meantime everyone missing the elephant in the room, people still CTRL X click to look through walls. 
so you also need to double wall everything, making the point very obvious that there is something going on, 

this isn't being fixed still after years, when its common sense to do so after the implementation of the new chop system,
i find these changes good in one way, but the fact they just ignore fixing this i find very disrespectful, 

This is an issue. People can use CTRL + X and then tell you they heard you inside and rob, lol.
How we gonna prove that they didn't see us like day or 2 earlier? Will they save the POV with looking thgoruh ctrl x? Obviously not.
This feature is metagaming feature at its finest. 

Would be nice to have admin placed interiors like /park on city parking then it tp's you to personal garage / building interior.
That would reduce a lot of MG from people, and would negate the "Your walls didnt load cuz i have bad pc so i know what you have"
Also would increase the server performance as lesser object would be placed, because they would be in separate dimension (like houses interiors)

Edited by Malinq