Herbo

Introduction of a /rent command

This is something that I think could be a very cool addition to allow for easier renting RP to happen. Basically the way it would work would be as follows.

Player A has a T20 that they want to rent out to people, Player B approaches Player A and signs a contract to rent the vehicle. Player A would type in /offerrent [ID] [PLATE] [DURATION] and Player B would type in /acceptrent [PLATE]. Once the command is typed in the vehicle would TECHNICALLY be transferred to Player B's name, or it would come up in the MDC that the R/O is Player A and it's currently being rented to Player B. Once the command is ran and accepted Player B would have "full control" over the vehicle. They could repair it and park it at parking. The person who is renting the vehicle would not be able to sell it or change any customization on it but they would have ease of access with the car, being able to repair, give temp keys that last until they're no-longer renting it, park it easier, and it wouldn't despawn on them.

At the end of the rent timeframe the vehicle would then automatically be transferred back over to the person who owns it and the person renting it would lose all access to it, if it is parked at Parking it gets moved to the R/O's parking

Just a small little suggestion that could make people be able to run full on rental dealerships and provide lots more RP to the server.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

JB has a public notary department which if memory serves can ratify and, in the event of missed payments or defaults, can enforce penalties or repossessions. you would just need to find someone who has enough legal knowledge to draw up a contract and have JB look over it, have both parties sign it before a witness etc. i know that in the past lease agreements have been made using this system. what youre suggesting may take away from that RP, but it would undoubtably speed up the process.

3 hours ago, Quietthecutie said:

JB has a public notary department which if memory serves can ratify and, in the event of missed payments or defaults, can enforce penalties or repossessions. you would just need to find someone who has enough legal knowledge to draw up a contract and have JB look over it, have both parties sign it before a witness etc. i know that in the past lease agreements have been made using this system. what youre suggesting may take away from that RP, but it would undoubtably speed up the process.

Why yes, JB does have this and it's possible. It's a lot of effort to go through and get a whole contract, then you gotta coordinate a time with JB to get everything setup and get time with the person you're renting to, it's just a lot of effort that nobody wants to go through. If I want to rent a vehicle I want to be able to rent it immediately, not have to wait a week+ to get a bunch of shit signed, notarized, and everything.

Additionally, there's the issue of the person renting deciding to be a dick and violate the contract, if you go through the effort of signing a contract and everything and then rent the vehicle to the person and put it in there name so they have full access, you then have to find a time for them to give you back the vehicle once their agreement is over. They could then just decide "fuck with the contract" and refuse to give it back, then you're stuck with a few weeks of time waiting for JB/PD/SD to go about getting you the vehicle back and you're screwed, especially when the vehicles that get rented are high end vehicles like XA-21s and Drags. 

There's also the problem of the person deciding to sell the vehicle while renting it, while this is probably a rare occurance to happen, there's a chance it happens. You then have to once again wait multiple weeks for SD/PD to setup a case file on it, JB to go through their stuff to get your vehicle back, and potentially server admins having to step in. This is why I suggest a command being implemented. This would completely solve all of these problems. 

It would work similar to how weazel news blip service works. You would run a command with the person like /rentoffer 5 XBGHSDJD 7 40000, they would do /acceptrentoffer plate and the person would immediately receive whatever price they're renting it for, the vehicle would get transferred to the other persons name so they can park it at parking and repair it, but they wouldn't be able to sell it, and it wouldn't disappear when the R/O isn't online. Then once the duration is over (7 days) the vehicle would be automatically transferred back to the owner, similar to how blips just disappear once the time on them has run out.

The other idea that's a counter to this is to just allow anyone with keys to a vehicle to repair it. I think either of these options would make renting vehicles an actual suitable option. I'll use Harley for an example as I know they're one of the main people that rent out vehicles. Harley goes on vacation for 2 weeks, they decide that while on vacation they'll rent their car out to make some passive money while they're gone. With the current system, if the person who is renting the car gets into a wreck and fucks the car us, they're fucked. They spent 40,000 or whatever to rent it and after 1 day they crashed it and now they can't use it anymore. That's why I think there should be some system of either something like a /rent command or allowing anyone with keys to get the vehicle repaired. It would make renting an actual suitable thing to happen and allow for some cool RP of actual rental companies being able to be used.

+1 There are ways to do this as others have mentioned, but the penalties on an OOC basis are huge and would essentially mean waiting multiple months to recover your vehicle. I would also suggest a similar system but for houses/properties where someone can place a house up for rent where the owner pays X amount per week (set by property owner)

+1 for the idea but I think the command itself would be too complicated. We should simply be able to give full access to people (just like /givekey but better) so they can modify, repair and even give keys to other people. It sure comes with a risk and that's why contracts exist. If you're small time and rent 1 or 2 cars tops, the wait time is what it is. If you're a business you can get a template notarised by JB and use it every time you want.

The rent command shouldn't be automatic when it comes to money because that would make things too scripted and cut on the human interaction.

Such a command and script would make leasing and renting cars much easier and would add some reposession RP that is almost unexistent at this time, since getting back your vehicles is extremely easy even if locked up.

P.S.: I've been leasing cars and renting a super. Coming online during NA time just to have it repaired/modded or logging three times a day for the cars to spawn is a pain in the ass.

Edited by TheCactus