TheCactus

Realistic Behavior after Crashes/Injuries

I believe that as we stray from ruleplaying and try to roleplay as naturally as we can, we should address some issues related to high speed pursuits. Currently if you flip your vehicle or get in a near fatal car crash where someone else may be involved you just sigh and keep going as if it was a minor inconvenience because the script allows you to. In real life you risk spending most of your life in prison for hit and run, especially if the victim ends up dying. This is something that even cops do. Having a realistic dispute after a traffic collision is nearly impossible in our server. I believe we should roleplay accordingly, at least when other people are involved, to make it a realistic experience for everyone.

PD & SD

• When a cop ends up totalling the vehicle, flipping the cruiser or gets ejected from the windshield after a crash, they should not continue the pursuit (in the same vehicle or with a new one). They should return the vehicle to the nearest precinct and do something that is unrelated such as responding to calls, patrolling, paperwork, etc.
  • When a cop gets scriptly injured during a pursuit they should not rejoin even if they aren't driving.
  • Everyone should roleplay accordingly during such situations and do their best to provide a realistic experience, may it be an accident when you go through the windshield, collide with a civilian during a pursuit or you flip your vehicle.

Criminals & Civilians

• When you get ejected and go through the windshield (during a pursuit) you should not continue fighting or running as if you're Dominic Toretto in F&F 9.
  • You should not be resisting without the help of allies if you are hospitalised with serious injuries that may lead to death. Realistically you would be sent to prison as soon as you are deemed stable, not fit to run a marathon and take someone on 1 on 1.
  • Everyone should roleplay accordingly after car crashes where other players are involved and do their best to provide a realistic experience.

I would've added something about swimming but rules just got changed in regards to that and we'll hopefully have less olympic champions in the water.

Edited by TheCactus
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

This is something that I can see. I have indeed crashed and flew out my windshield RPing that i am injured even if not scriptly injured. The RP for it is fun hence why some do it. I feel like this falls into the gray spot for RP as there is some things that just might be a little too much for RP servers. Just like you have people who get sprayed down with a full mag (which would realistically kill you), get treated by MD, be sat in the back of an ambulance for 30 odd minutes while LEO investigates, then transported to MD where you are somehow able to walk. It just unfortunately falls through the cracks of RP. Which is where I think RPing car crashes would fall in.

+1 absolutely during a chase. people need to be more mindful of their characters capabilities which, after a serious car crash would be reduced to just barely consious. this goes for both LEOs and Crims

Outside of chases/active situations i would say less so. this is GTA after all and the occasional fenderbender or straight up Tbone is inevitable in a city where no one acknowledges traffic lights. if we had to roleplay each of those out in their entierty LSEMS would be swarmed.