Tom Solar

Music cutting early

Date and time (provide timezone): Since this week

Character name: Tom Solar + others

Issue/bug you are reporting: The audio for songs played on speakers/carspeakers cutting before the end of the song for multiple but not all players.

Expected behavior:  The audio to remain open troughout the song within the 10 mins limit.

Evidence, notes worth mentioning, steps to replicate

https://streamable.com/jsvgi3

The song lasts 9 minutes but cuts after +-5 minutes

https://streamable.com/pf2p93

The song lasts 3.5 minutes but cuts after 3 minutes

https://streamable.com/w04lqu

I don't know where in the song this one cuts but you can hear id56 confirming she can still hear it and you can see the song still playing on top of the speaker.

All Ids around the speaker loose audio around the same time, you can hear id10 has his audio cut out just a little later than id120.

These 3 examples are not rare, I notice most songs cut early since like a week or so.

I myself use Willowicks music tool so all the songs I use are tested before and I know they work.

I'm aware that your systems time needs to be synced and it is, song play when I use the command.

Its not that this is gamebreaking or anything but its definitely anoying 😛

• Like 2

Same. Especially for songs that are less than 10 mins but close to it, cuts after 5-6 minds at best. Please just implement Spotify or any other type of online radio hoturl that was working in most samp rp servers... Pain in ass to alt tab and look up for songs (even with songs AHK script that was shared somewhere here on forums some time Ago) 

is there still no fix?  

like a diffrent system?    (i have read that people were having the same problem with youtube music on their phone.  maybe that's where the problem lies?) 

small thing to ad.  it's client side.  because even though it stops for me. the music keeps playing for my friend. 

also the music isn't synced at all.  and the song is delayed for me compared to him. 

it is most certainly not consistant though.  some songs play in their entirety.  some cut off way earlyer then 5-20 seconds.  

finding a diffrent link of the same song is worth the effort.  (just gotta listen to the whole song again to test.  and remove the speaker between each song to reset it's...  buggyness..  same thing if your song is really quiet.  try a diffrent link.  ofcourse this sadly isn't always possible.  and all links are bad for a specific song) 

Edited by jeffberg
extra info

On 2/10/2024 at 1:40 PM, jeffberg said:

small thing to ad.  it's client side.  because even though it stops for me. the music keeps playing for my friend. 

also the music isn't synced at all.  and the song is delayed for me compared to him. 

I know that the playout is effected by the time of the machine you are playing on, if your windows is 1min behind on the atomic clock, the song will play 1 minute later (for you, this is relevant for everyone hearing the song)

I found out about this years ago and my songs play when i do the command so this isnt the issue.

This could effect who hears it when though and could also be the reason for the lack of sync.

I notice it stopping for some people at the same time and remains playing for other people but then it might switch ther next song. I have songs who cut early and songs who dont but it doesnt seem to be relavant to the songs.

so yea no clue 😛 it worked well before the last update when this bug was posted.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.