Jon12

Make criminal activity fun

Change Cop jail sentences /Change fines from IC issue to game issue. After being busted for robbing and atm i was jailed for 40mins then I got busted again days later without failing and charged with 2 hours and 20k in fines. Not fun for a new player just getting into criminal activity doing low-level crime just to get milked by the system.

Vandalism is 15 minutes and $1000 so something tells me there's probably a fair bit more to it that you're not saying. But generally speaking ATMs are pretty low risk low reward and a good starter crime as they are. You just have to play it right to not rack up extra charges.

For example:
smacking an ATM, keeping illegal money on you, then getting caught doing another ATM, then running from the cops, all whilst armed with your gun and a mask on in a stolen car. You're gonna get significantly more time and charges than something like
you get caught hitting an ATM without an illegal gun and nothing illegal on you and you don't run. Same applies to a lot of crime

5 minutes ago, Ash said:

Vandalism is 15 minutes and $1000 so something tells me there's probably a fair bit more to it that you're not saying. But generally speaking ATMs are pretty low risk low reward and a good starter crime as they are. You just have to play it right to not rack up extra charges.

For example:
smacking an ATM, keeping illegal money on you, then getting caught doing another ATM, then running from the cops, all whilst armed with your gun and a mask on in a stolen car. You're gonna get significantly more time and charges than something like
you get caught hitting an ATM without an illegal gun and nothing illegal on you and you don't run. Same applies to a lot of crime

This is all true, but his point is to make criminal activities fun. There's barely any fun criminal activities and everything feels like a grind which does not promote healthy RP imo 

28 minutes ago, Jon12 said:

Change Cop jail sentences /Change fines from IC issue to game issue.

+1

19 hours ago, Jon12 said:

Change Cop jail sentences /Change fines from IC issue to game issue. 

Why should this be an OOC issue? You commit a crime in the city that has a Judicial Branch, an overseeing Government, and LEO. Why wouldn't they handle this at that level, but instead break the 4th wall by having it tied to more server rules and a server penal code, instead of an IC Penal code and IC review system?

Fines should absolutely stay IC. its an IC punishment and isnt a reflection of your OOC self. by having fines you havent actually done anything wrong youre just roleplaying a criminal. 

As for making criminal activities fun....yeah i can kind of see what youre getting at, alot of the activities can feel quite grindy, on their own. and i understand youre new in the city so it must be quite lonely for you. but this is where a bit of good old player to player interaction comes in. once you make friends, fellow criminals, more options become available to you, the chances of success in your criminal endeavours opens up, and things get more interesting. 

The most fun interactions i have had on my criminal has been not whilst performing a criminal activity, but as a consequence of performing it. entering thrilling standoffs and shootouts with LEOs and other criminals, police chases, raids and other similar activities. 

As you play more and more and get more intergrated with the criminal organisations these options become available to you. but as of right now, youre starting off like we all did.

On 8/4/2023 at 12:13 AM, Jon12 said:

Change Cop jail sentences /Change fines from IC issue to game issue. After being busted for robbing and atm i was jailed for 40mins then I got busted again days later without failing and charged with 2 hours and 20k in fines. Not fun for a new player just getting into criminal activity doing low-level crime just to get milked by the system.

make criminals smart again*