hrxvey

[DOC JOBS]

aye bro, yah was involved in the reason you posted this. Dude literally stated "I want to start a fight"  and started whispering with his friend and next thing you know they just baiting fights. By stealing laundry from machine or saying "get out the laundry room this shit mine now" 

Edited by XeV
  • Like 1

Rules still apply in prison as they do outside specially death matching and to my knowledge robbery. 

Player Theft

Robberies should be conducted in a realistic manner with a reasonable in-character motive. Location, time of day, and realistic population should all be considered prior to a robbery. Players should not conduct minor robberies in situations with high risk. Players should consider the risk vs reward of the robbery and utilize secluded areas where necessary to avoid witnesses. 

Please beware I am not making a ruling on this at all , but just sharing my 2cents. I forgot if there is CCTV in laundry room , which I personally think there should be if there aren’t, it could apply to the robbery rule, you wouldn’t just blatantly rob someone in-front of the CCTV camera. If there were CCTV cameras in there then the rules would force the player to have proper motive and RP to do something more than just bait you into fighting them by stealing your laundry.  

That’s sort of my 2 cents as a work around

but of-course in another sense and some of y’all gonna hate me for this but jail is jail and you never win when you go to jail. So earning 45k to 70k doing laundry and picking up trash is super over kill and this shouldn’t be a motivation to go to jail. There should be high risk vs reward and it believe it shouldn’t be that easy but hell I understand , ITS NICE!

but I do agree there should be more RP and motive when it comes to the issue mentioned by OP. 

+1

Edited by PING

Huge +1, some of the 16 yr olds in this server just forget that this is RP and not clapper simulator and it's annoying as hell.

On 4/25/2023 at 4:36 AM, KwaaiNaai said:

but of-course in another sense and some of y’all gonna hate me for this but jail is jail and you never win when you go to jail. So earning 45k to 70k doing laundry and picking up trash is super over kill and this shouldn’t be a motivation to go to jail. There should be high risk vs reward and it believe it shouldn’t be that easy but hell I understand , ITS NICE!

But I agree with this also, maybe just lower the possible earnings, or put a cap on it, or make it so that the only way to spend stamps would be in shortening prison sentences and wouldn't be possible to exchange them for money.

you can pseudo RP your way out of people being able to just grab your laundry and run away by putting down a marker to the tune of "would be leaning against the door of the laundry machine, preventing the door from being opened." and then have your character anim lean2 against it or something. this would demand at a minimum that the person RPs attempting to push you off the laundry machine before being able to grab your laundry.  this in turn would generate actual roleplay instead of people just trying to sneakily steal someone elses stuff with 0 interaction, basically metagaming it.

Ive used this in the past and it does work. the few times someones tried their luck and ignored the fdo marker ive had it quickly resolved with an in game report or a quick pm to settle the matter before it came to that. after that players either respect the marker and leave it be or start some actual interesting RP over the laundry.

Edited by Quietthecutie

1 hour ago, Quietthecutie said:

you can pseudo RP your way out of people being able to just grab your laundry and run away by putting down a marker to the tune of "would be leaning against the door of the laundry machine, preventing the door from being opened." and then have your character anim lean2 against it or something. this would demand at a minimum that the person RPs attempting to push you off the laundry machine before being able to grab your laundry.  this in turn would generate actual roleplay instead of people just trying to sneakily steal someone elses stuff with 0 interaction, basically metagaming it.

Ive used this in the past and it does work. the few times someones tried their luck and ignored the fdo marker ive had it quickly resolved with an in game report or a quick pm to settle the matter before it came to that. after that players either respect the marker and leave it be or start some actual interesting RP over the laundry.

Okay theres the ppl who really wanna steal the laundry for stamps and are willing to RP, and then u have the people who show up to DOC to cause pure chaos, and do not care about a /do. However I am going to start doing this, thank you.

On 8/13/2023 at 10:36 AM, TheGrinch said:

Okay theres the ppl who really wanna steal the laundry for stamps and are willing to RP, and then u have the people who show up to DOC to cause pure chaos, and do not care about a /do. However I am going to start doing this, thank you.

If they ignore it, thats Meta/powergaming and worth a report. if we want people to change how they play in DOC we need to start holding them accountable so i would start taking a harder line if they ignore it.