Hitachi Knight

Vehicle Fuel Constumption

Should I make a Vehicle Fuel Consumption Guide?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should I do this test?

• Yes
    • No

Hello All,

I was thinking about this while I was pushing my nightshade up the paleo highway last night. I was thinking about making a fuel consumption guide for the ones that like to travel across the map. I was thinking about doing this test for people that are frugal with their character's money. 

Testing Standardization

1.  Separate the cars by class and fuel type (Gas or eletric)
  2.  The Lap will begin Near Great ocean highway heading towards Paleto Bay taking highways around the map at top-speed
  3.  Attached an image where the route will go

Route.png?width=400&height=571

Fuel consumption is In-Character and so should be the stats. Go to the machanic shop with a car, do /modview and you should see the fuel consumption stats under the specifications tab. Same thing when a car is listed for sale at high-end or low-end.
You could compile a sheet for all the vehicles and share it in-character if you have the time.

4 minutes ago, TheCactus said:

Fuel consumption is In-Character and so should be the stats. Go to the mechanic shop with a car, do /modview and you should see the fuel consumption stats under the specifications tab. Same thing when a car is listed for sale at high-end or low-end.
You could compile a sheet for all the vehicles and share it in-character if you have the time.

That's what I was thinking tbh. Ngl I'd compile a spreadsheet along with gathering IC footage for the tests also.  Tbh I think it would be a fun thing to do.

• Like 1

One easy way to improve the gas consumption process: stop tolerating gas stations being out of gas for weeks straight.

Seriously, gas stations selling jerry cans but not actual gas is price gouging by way of OOC mechanisms. If the server repossesses property from house owners then they should repossess these properties if their owners are incapable of managing them. Logging in once a week to order more fuel isn't hard. If they can't do that, let someone else buy it. 

Edited by Kommand

On 1/25/2023 at 4:07 PM, Kommand said:

One easy way to improve the gas consumption process: stop tolerating gas stations being out of gas for weeks straight.

Seriously, gas stations selling jerry cans but not actual gas is price gouging by way of OOC mechanisms. If the server repossesses property from house owners then they should repossess these properties if their owners are incapable of managing them. Logging in once a week to order more fuel isn't hard. If they can't do that, let someone else buy it. 

I totally agree with you there @Kommand. They should repossess properties that the where the owners are no longer active. From my experience the server could benefit from this since, this will incentivize business owners to be somewhat active. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 1Maor said:

and also how does bikes get calculated cuz you can wheelie all them map and it could change things...

I would reccomend that bikes get calculated by riding them normally, since it can be skewed by wheelies.

37 minutes ago, 1Maor said:

whats things should i keep track of? like fuel %, lap time and waht more?

Laptime, Fuel %, and Refuels (if needed)

I've made a spreadsheet for this, but it's based off of the IG stats that you are able to view using /modview

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qZ5gqVIuYU-2KBGpZrXTPyVrK4HiT-Epvqy2Fpn_TOk/edit?usp=sharing

On 1/25/2023 at 10:07 PM, Kommand said:

Gas station owners do not sell jerry cans, general store owners do. General stores sharing a property/lot with a gas station does not mean they're owned by the same person, and I can promise you that they're not given the 1 business per person limitation.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, jason said:

Gas station owners do not sell jerry cans, general store owners do. General stores sharing a property/lot with a gas station does not mean they're owned by the same person, and I can promise you that they're not given the 1 business per person limitation.

Fair enough, but many general stores are conveniently very close to the pumps scriptly enabled. I see what you're saying though, that they're not owned by the same person so it's not intentional market manipulation.

With that said I really think inactive property owners should be held accountable if their absence is reducing the realism of player experience. I remember specifically Bayview Gas was out for weeks straight, and it negatively affected the depth of RP that could occur with a functional gas station so close to the mechanic shop. Not even LSC has that. 

Thank you for the insight @jason