Melody Frey

Remove First Person Stances/Strafing

So, immersion goes a long way in Eclipse and people playing in first person are immediately noticed because of the way they strafe with crazy speed and their stances/walks and even running looks strange compared to everyone else. As someone who really wants to play in first person but only won't because of how absolutely atrocious it looks from someone else's perspective, I'd really like to see these animations removed or changed to the ones we can purchase.

I was really hoping that purchasing animations would cover the first person animations for all of these, but sadly it doesn't and I'd love for it to; or have at least have an option to have them enabled for first person.

What's everyone's thoughts? I know this is more of a GTA issue than an Eclipse issue, but I'd like for this to be looked at and changed so first person can become and actual point of view without looking like an idiot.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • dead 1

On 1/12/2023 at 6:07 PM, Ranger said:

I'm unsure if it gets rid of the "squared up" stance, but if you tap shift when in first person (similar to tapping shift to "jog" when walking) it makes you walk normally, and might make you not look funky.

Yeah, it does not get rid of the "squared up" but it will make you walk normally, rather than jogging everywhere.

On 1/12/2023 at 4:53 PM, Tucccci said:

Also Change the rules to allow FOV mods making 1st person more playable (especially while driving)

I agree with FOV mods that only affect 1st person