FemboyCooki

Make Changes to rules around sexual Roleplay.

I have only been part of EclipseRP since June of 2022 and it is disgusting how many minors I've heard of doing sexual roleplay with adults. Currently, in the official server rules, there is nothing against a minor and an adult participating in sexual roleplay toward each other as long as they consent OOCly. I feel as if this is a big flaw. If law enforcement were to discover an adult participating in sexual roleplay with a minor online, there would almost certainly be jailtime for the adult involved. "It doesn't count. It's only IC" would not cut it in court.

I have discussed this issue with some of my close friends that also play on this server. I can speak for all of my friends when I say we find it disgusting and disturbing that this kind of behaviour can go unpunished. Whenever I see an adult that I know has been sexual with a minor on the server, it fills me with rage. I promise that I have been trying my hardest not to bring any toxicity into the roleplay, but I cannot help myself from getting upset whenever I hear that this is a seemingly normal thing. I will not put anyone in the spotlight but I have heard of several people, just in my circles alone, that have done sexual roleplay with minors. I hate to think how common this is across the entire server.

Below I will add a copy of the rule with a highlight in red of what I perceive to be the flaw. I hope you all can see it from my perspective and know that this is legally and morally very inappropriate.

7. IC and OOC Interactions

Offensive Language, Sexual, Torture, or Disgusting Roleplay

Players are only allowed to engage in sexual, torture, or disgusting roleplay if all players involved including witnesses give prior OOC consent. Such roleplay should therefore not be held in public areas or areas where players commonly visit, e.g., prison/jail.

Usage of ethnic and/or LGBT+ related slurs is considered disgusting roleplay and all parties involved must give prior OOC consent before it can be done. In addition, it must make roleplay sense for your character to want to use any racial slurs In Character.

Racism Out-of-Character is strictly forbidden. 

Players using offensive language excessively In-Character through text or VOIP must stop if a player asks for it Out-of-Character. Players are not permitted to use offensive language Out-of-Character to others.

PzJWQVX.png Punishment: Anything from a warning to a permanent ban, depending on the context, severity, and occurrences.
  • Upvote 11
  • dead 1

As stated above I cannot say if it's true as to whether people act this way with ages that way. But this is a massive issue that as stated is illegal IRL. 

I would love to see "ERP" a lot stricter and way more enforced than it is. In my honest opinion I don't think "ERP" should be conducted in the slightest when in a public space or a space with a small crowd. "ERP" is a private act and people who want to can as long as they are of age and consent to it. But these acts should be done in private, such as in a house or property on their own.

I personally do not like it as a whole but I will not say that it should be banned, because it can prove good to certain people's stories. 

• Like 3

+1
This has been an ongoing issue, some people almost brag about it and I believe the rules should amended and enforced more strictly when it comes to this type of roleplay.  
From a few conversations I've had it would be hard to ban Sexual Roleplay altogether, but this topic is a good jumping off point for our community to grow and benefit from

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, paroshh said:

Just don't have sex on a videogame simple 💀

That is actually my point aha
I feel like sexual roleplay shouldn't really be a thing on a kid-friendly server.
I'm hoping my post can bring this to light and one day maybe the rule will be changed to protect kids and underage teens.

• Like 1

+1 I think its gross that ERP is allowed on a server that's kid friendly. I think it should either be banned or people should confirm their ages irl if they choose to do ERP. I have definitely heard stories of adults doing ERP with kids in the server and it should result in a permanent ban with no way to appeal it.

14 hours ago, FemboyCooki said:

I have only been part of EclipseRP since June of 2022 and it is disgusting how many minors I've heard of doing sexual roleplay with adults. Currently, in the official server rules, there is nothing against a minor and an adult participating in sexual roleplay toward each other as long as they consent OOCly. I feel as if this is a big flaw. If law enforcement were to discover an adult participating in sexual roleplay with a minor online, there would almost certainly be jailtime for the adult involved. "It doesn't count. It's only IC" would not cut it in court.

I have discussed this issue with some of my close friends that also play on this server. I can speak for all of my friends when I say we find it disgusting and disturbing that this kind of behaviour can go unpunished. Whenever I see an adult that I know has been sexual with a minor on the server, it fills me with rage. I promise that I have been trying my hardest not to bring any toxicity into the roleplay, but I cannot help myself from getting upset whenever I hear that this is a seemingly normal thing. I will not put anyone in the spotlight but I have heard of several people, just in my circles alone, that have done sexual roleplay with minors. I hate to think how common this is across the entire server.

Below I will add a copy of the rule with a highlight in red of what I perceive to be the flaw. I hope you all can see it from my perspective and know that this is legally and morally very inappropriate.

7. IC and OOC Interactions

Offensive Language, Sexual, Torture, or Disgusting Roleplay

Players are only allowed to engage in sexual, torture, or disgusting roleplay if all players involved including witnesses give prior OOC consent. Such roleplay should therefore not be held in public areas or areas where players commonly visit, e.g., prison/jail.

Usage of ethnic and/or LGBT+ related slurs is considered disgusting roleplay and all parties involved must give prior OOC consent before it can be done. In addition, it must make roleplay sense for your character to want to use any racial slurs In Character.

Racism Out-of-Character is strictly forbidden. 

Players using offensive language excessively In-Character through text or VOIP must stop if a player asks for it Out-of-Character. Players are not permitted to use offensive language Out-of-Character to others.

PzJWQVX.png Punishment: Anything from a warning to a permanent ban, depending on the context, severity, and occurrences.

Agree that it is not OK, however, how can you tell if other party is a minor? It is absurd to judge that by the voice/tone alone, and if you ask ooc if person is 18+, there is also no proof that he/she is not lying. I have not encountered in any of these so called ERP sessions because I personally find them not necessary for IC, however I don't think it is really possible to filter who is 18+ and who is not. 

After all, best way could be just a big warning that only 18+ can join server, and put user agreement Form where they have to sign that they agree to server rules, where in case they lie about their IRL age they can not make such things a s lawsuits IRL. It would be impossible and risky to ask for IRL ID or passport to be reviewed once joining, but that could eliminate risks of minors joining the server. 

Gta 5 itself has a rating of 17+ (equivalent of R rating for movies) so there should not be any minors in server to begin with.  And if there in fact wouldn't be any minor, things like gross rp also would not need constant ooc permissions, it would feel more natural than it might be meow. 

+ speaking of my experience with minors here, every one of the encounters ended up as forum complaint in my favor, because often minors have hard time on controlling their urges in server, thus they often ignore server rules and abuse them. 

Edited by Antonio_Colombo

Hello.

We've just had a discussion surrounding this topic in our staff meeting tonight. The general consensus is that we would be heavily overstepping by attempting to track down these instances and moderate them. Please utilize /report for non-consensual gross RP as outlined within our current rules. If someone believes they are being non-consensually harassed in any way on an OOC level, we urge them to reach out to a member of administration staff so it can be investigated and handled as soon as possible.

Locked & archived.