Hector2Fingers

Job Board Feedback/Suggestions

Tossing up a few ideas or suggestions around the job board recently added into the server.

• Move the board slightly further down from the LS bank front doors.
    • The GPS icon of the board at LS bank covers up the bank icon.  Most of the freelance jobs are geared towards newer players on the server, and it could hinder their ability to find the actual bank in LS itself.
  • Make the job board a phone app.
    • Replace the non-working LifeInvader phone app with a live job board where players can quickly see the higher/lower paying jobs.
  • (In-Lieu of the phone app) Change the coloring of the map icons to display whether or not a bonus is currently in place for jobs.
    • Job has 0 bonus currently - Yellow Briefcase
    • Job has a positive bonus currently - Green Briefcase
    • Job has a negative bonus currently - Red Briefcase
      • These would be a little tougher as Burgershot does not have standard freelance job icons.  But it's something I think worth taking into consideration.
  • Add hunting to the job board.
    • If oil and mining are going to have bonuses even though they are based on what's been sold, there's no reason that hunting should not be apart of this feature as well.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 11/10/2022 at 5:48 PM, Hector2Fingers said:

Make the job board a phone app.

Either a phone app, or add it in the form of a UI similar to the one used for the farming job, /help, /vieworders, and so forth. The UI is already made and put to use in multiple aspects of the server, so I'm not too sure why the decision was made to put it into the chat.

Then again, I like things being present in the chat, but with no offense intended, I'm not a fan of unformatted clutter or text that looks like a Christmas carnival because of the random selection of colors that seem to have no purpose but to.. well, be random. I suppose it stands out, but at what point does it stop being about catching someone's eye and becomes cluttered and 'unprofessional'.

U6DJgvz.png

trRVKA7.png

I'm going on a tangent here, but the random selection of colors with the randomly chosen highlighted words just make for a messy chat, this includes the job board that, if not changed to either a phone app and/or UI, should probably at least be brought in line with other chat-printed elements of the server, like bracketing "JOB BOARD" and the "1#", etc.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I have a Job Center MLO near Mission Row which would in my view, be fantastic for this.
I assume the board is physical to drive players to the same area, which the Job Center MLO would achieve also.

As for the text colours, it does feel a little excessive on the colours at times.
[Daily Rewards] You have been awarded 12 credits for playing for at least an hour for 43 days straight.
Looks a little more appetising and easier on the eyes than this.
[Daily Rewards] You have been awarded 12 credits for playing for at least 1 hour for 43 days straight.

Doing things like colouring text based on specific things in the server might seem insignificant but there comes a point where you just subconsciously acknowledge that something has happened, just by seeing the colour. When you gain something, green. When you love something, red. For example.

Edited by Bala
  • Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 11:03 PM, Bala said:

I have a Job Center MLO near Mission Row which would in my view, be fantastic for this.
I assume the board is physical to drive players to the same area, which the Job Center MLO would achieve also.

As for the text colours, it does feel a little excessive on the colours at times.
[Daily Rewards] You have been awarded 12 credits for playing for at least an hour for 43 days straight.
[Daily Rewards] You have been awarded 12 credits for playing for at least 1 hour for 43 days straight.

Doing things like colouring text based on specific things in the server might seem insignificant but there comes a point where you just subconsciously acknowledge that something has happened, just by seeing the colour. When you gain something, green. When you love something, red. For example.

I think our game crashes enough around Mission Row

On 11/10/2022 at 11:48 AM, Hector2Fingers said:

Add hunting to the job board.

I agree with everything, but this. As someone who avidly hunts on the server I don't think it would benefit anyone to change the prices based off a bonus. People already try to destroy the market as it is, it would be better to just leave that part be. I was actually happy to see admins didn't add it to the job board.

• Upvote 1

On 11/20/2022 at 12:03 AM, Bala said:

Can agree to your arguments, but one thing comes in mind, especially with daily bonus - once some players see it, they /q because they know they reached their target to get bonus and gets out. I agree that some colors can be used as it makes text stand out, but not with current font and inability to change font size. Same for weazel (ik it's ic, but...), all of the poopofonia with random colors distracts to the point where you stop looking at text at all because it's all so colory, like some kinder gardeners personal diary.