Buggs

Business/Non-profit Forum Suggestion Rework

My last post did not give enough of an explanation as it was archived, so let me try to explain with greater detail.

With the implementation of people being able to start/own their own business with more and more availability, why only have an OOC place for businesses? Legal scripted jobs have the Government website, but there's no place for just the average business to hold an online presence.

I would not consider this an advertisement, but a company website of sorts. The "Marketplace" tab doesn't really do it justice as it is used for everything from people selling properties, items, to businesses.

Problems this would fix/examples:

• Someone want to create a company that competes with Weazel. Currently, they have no place to post their newspaper that can be viewed by the public. This does not fall into any category under the IC business section.
  • Someone wants to post about their company, give information on it such as the logo, motto of the company, basic information on where to find it, what it does, etc.
  • Someone wants to post about their non-profit, events that it holds, ways to get involved, volunteer opportunities
  • Kellie designs art. If there was a section where she could post about her business people could leave reviews, she could update customers on the status of her business, etc. etc.
  • The orphanage that Pierce Hardy and Melissa Hall applied for wouldn't be able to post in Advertisements... but if there was a business section/non-profit area, they could.

I could go on, but I hope that you understand my point.

Hello, 

• Someone want to create a company that competes with Weazel. Currently, they have no place to post their newspaper that can be viewed by the public. This does not fall into any category under the IC business section.
    • Although I understand the sentiment, it's not uncommon for smaller journalists to use other established news agencies to advertise their own content. However, if said player created a faction, they would be able to create a post in this section about the business, and would be able to post updates that they do in there. I will bring up, and see the possibility of there being a new section called "Content" (name will be worked out) in the advertisements section for things such as stories or other misc pieces of content that may be made by different types of people (fliers, free lance news reports, home made TV shows, etc) that can be posted there and doesn't really fall under advertisements. I will bring this up in the next staff meeting.
  • Someone wants to post about their company, give information on it such as the logo, motto of the company, basic information on where to find it, what it does, etc.
  • Someone wants to post about their non-profit, events that it holds, ways to get involved, volunteer opportunities
    • This would be possible in the "Events" Section of the advertisements section, additionally, if someone created a non-profit organization, they have the option to create a player faction thread or a player ran business thread to display any information relevant to the faction/group that they would like to show. Any events they would host can be posted in the "Events" section in the advertisements area with contact information that maybe be found useful (as it's an IC board). Alternatively, they can utilize Weazel News in-game.
  • Kellie designs art. If there was a section where she could post about her business people could leave reviews, she could update customers on the status of her business, etc. etc.
    • Refer to my "Content" comment under the first bullet point as this somewhat falls under it.
  • The orphanage that Pierce Hardy and Melissa Hall applied for wouldn't be able to post in Advertisements... but if there was a business section/non-profit area, they could.
    • Orphanages don't often advertise as is (as they normally network within the "industry" (hospitals, child services, etc)). Additionally, they (Madison & Pierce) do not do this publicly, so it would be niche to use them as an example (speaking as one of their 19 children). Alternatively, they can utilize Weazel News in-game.

As I mentioned, when the next staff meeting happens I will bring up the possibility of adding a new section for "Content" in the ad section.

1 hour ago, Ranger said:

Someone wants to post about their company, give information on it such as the logo, motto of the company, basic information on where to find it, what it does, etc.

Unfortunately the player ran businesses section is in the OOC part of the forums and therefore cannot be used for anything IC. (as I'm sure you know <3)

2 hours ago, Ranger said:

Refer to my "Content" comment under the first bullet point as this somewhat falls under it.

THIS IS AMAZING AND I HOPE IT HAPPENS! It would cover like most things I'm talking about in this post.

2 hours ago, Ranger said:

The orphanage that Pierce Hardy and Melissa Hall applied for wouldn't be able to post in Advertisements... but if there was a business section/non-profit area, they could.

• Orphanages don't often advertise as is (as they normally network within the "industry" (hospitals, child services, etc)). Additionally, they (Madison & Pierce) do not do this publicly, so it would be niche to use them as an example (speaking as one of their 19 children). Alternatively, they can utilize Weazel News in-game.

So essentially what I'm trying to solve with my suggestion would be to create, like you've stated, a "content" section. My character has started a non-profit where she holds events for civilians. IE: community meetings, voting events, etc.

Right now I've housed this in the events section, but there's so much more I'd like to post/helpful links/guides. All IC stuff of course, but it doesn't quiet fit as an event and I don't wanna post it in the OOC section of the forums because I'd like to use/reference it ICly. I've love to be able to have one "website" of sorts like your "content" suggestion where I could post the umbrella company and then links to all the businesses under that, if that makes any sense?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's thought something similar + with the addition of voting/political parties/etc it would be nice for something other than life invader to be used as a way for people to advertise/promote their party/create smear campaigns/talk about their non-profit the list goes on with the possibilities.

Hello!

Just to add an idea to what I think your overall idea is;

Although a section on the forum for what you're asking for would be nice, if you want to create an actual website that you wish to use ICly then Google Sites is a good place to do so! A lot of factions that are not 'Government'-ran, such as Weazel, do so. If you use one of the sections on here describing your business you can have your created website linked there which will transport people to your page in which you have free reign on design, content and feel of your business. Just need to make it clear it is for IC purposes (Might need SA+ approval, but don't quote me!).

I hope this helps with ideas for your business! Good luck!

• Like 1

Hello,

After discussion in an admin staff meeting, it was decided to create a new section under advertisements called "Other". After speaking about it, and reviewing all points raised in this suggestion and points made by other staff members, it was decided that instead of creating multiple new sections, the "Other" section would be made to fit the idea from this suggestion. The new section allows different types of businesses to advertise events and other small things (services, deals, etc) in an In-Character way. We have also removed the "Marketplace" section as most things that are being sold have a section that is appropriate to the item(s) being sold.

Please refer to the new section here.

To add, what @Purely said is correct, options do exist to make pages on a 3rd party program (ideally google sites) that can be brought to Senior Staff for possible approval.

Thank you for the suggestion! 

Suggestion Approved & Completed.

Locked & Archived.

• POG 1