Straza

Just food for thought

Y'all remember when the national guard went into admin mode to win against aztecas? feels like since then the servers been on a decline and it was kinda brushed over by staff as "you weren't supposed to win" as an official response. What are your thoughts on the matter?

This was a long time ago, half of the staff involved aren't even here anymore, I don't think I was even support staff at the time that's how long it was.

Even then, if I remember correctly, the staff did put out a message saying it was went about the wrong way and the situation was voided with people getting charges from it removed and refunded lost items and they/we have explicitly not done national guard rp since so I'd hardly say it was brushed off as "you're not supposed to win". And even then we're talking about the days pre-backup rule where 80 man multi-gang groups rolled in a council .

So respectfully, what's your point with this thread? That staff have a vendetta against criminals?

12 minutes ago, Ash said:

Even then, if I remember correctly, the staff did put out a message saying it was went about the wrong way

Have seen screenshots of staff talking about this incident as "Realistically you wouldn't win against the NG so thats that" when talked about on forums and in terms of staff having a vendetta against crims I don't want to say that thats the case as I have played with staff in crim RP but there is clearly a pattern of criminal orgs getting big and people looking for reasons to get them disbanded/banned i.e 67, goblins etc. I'm not trying to incite another forum war other than remind people that this is something that happened and how the powers that be will respond to a threat that seems above them xd

I don't see how an 80 people conglomerate, in the pre-backup rule times, getting in a shootout of that size with police is realistic and acceptable either. Staff doesn't have any sort of vendetta against criminal roleplayers and this kind of threads just fuel a hatred that is not even supposed to exist. If you don't see the reason why certain gangs in the past got disbanded, maybe you weren't involved enough with it.

3 minutes ago, Shining0103 said:

I don't see how an 80 people conglomerate, in the pre-backup rule times, getting in a shootout of that size with police is realistic

issa video game at the end of the day and it wasn't a rule back then. Post backup rules would be different and even in terms of realism drug cartels have an equal if not greater response to law enforcement xd. Where it differs is abuse of power within a game, and for the record I WAS involved enough to have an opinion on the matter lmao

67, goblins etc very much disbanded due to their own issues. This wasn't some secret plan hatched by staff to screw people over I assure you.

Some gangs last longer and some have a shorter life but it's disingenuous to imply that it was our doing maliciously. 

And to play devils advocate, criminals *wouldn't* win against national guard, the effective military. This doesn't mean I think it was a good idea, but as a standalone comment I don't think that's much of an issue.

As someone that's heavily involved in faction services it's rather crappy to see people think that we purposefully try and disband groups that get big. I have worked with the likes of almost every iteration of Russians, BSB, I even had a stint with aztecas towards the end and I can say personally I was never gunning for their disbanding.

• Like 1