GR_Seb

Server-side Sound Mods

Suggestion

Hello my friends from Eclipse Roleplay, today I would like to suggest something that it's going help with our immersion . 

Server-side Sound Mods

Firstly i decided not to include any sound mod demonstrations because everyone has a different taste. Having the ability to distinguish different types of weapons being discharged is something realistic, also loud gunfire is realistic too. Gta lacks such elements. In my opinion with a server side quality sound mod, all of us will be able to get more immersed and also give silencers actual reason. Please discuss your opinion in Eclipse adding a server side weapon sound pack. 

+1 if you like it! ❤️

• Like 1

-1. I think modifying the base game should be a personal choice and reflective of the sort of environment that the player themselves wish to play in. Some like yourself prefer realistic gun sounds and there is no problem with that, but that's also not going to be everyone's taste.

The recent rule change is disappointing to me because I feel like we've limited our players, in a way that our contemporary servers do not. I think if people like you want to have more realistic sounding firearms, that's up to you. I'm part of the modding team and I come from SA:MP, modding your game is like second nature. I didn't personally ever really go for the sound or graphic mods because I like a clean game and I don't like my performance negatively impacted.

In my view and I can appreciate this might not be a popular opinion but I don't see the issue with the sound mods or the shadow tweaks for that matter because I don't see the combat as an all important element to a roleplay server. It's simply a means to an end. If this was Rust or DayZ for example, I would feel differently. But someone stretching their resolution or making their gun sound different or tweaking their graphical settings to me doesn't mean anything. My thinking is, it's not been a problem really until the past few months so why change it?

Anyways to circle back to the suggestion, I don't want to force that on people if they don't want it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I think it is a good option, but that is what it should be, an option. If it could be implemented in a way where people could turn it on or off with a command (almost like how Minecraft faction servers have commands to turn options on or off to enhance gameplay) then it could be a viable option that makes everyone happy. 

I agree with Bala here. Not everyone prefers to have Realistic Gun Sounds installed and I am not with the idea of having it server-side.

It is disappointing to see it banned completely as it was a nice change for those who prefer these kind of mods and I personally really liked it. The mod did not give you a huge advantage over other players as the range and everything else was still the same, it was only slightly louder. Which honestly, if players wanted to, they can still have the same effect of Realistic Gun Sounds with the normal sounds if they really wanted to, so I don't know why it was banned.

WHAT?!?!?!????! Server-side Sound Mods??????

This is a roleplay server bro, you're not allowed to use any mods or even remove shadows even if many popular games gives you the ability to remove shadows, already integrated in the settings such as League of Legends, Minecraft, Dota 2, Fortnite, Overwatch, Roblox, etc.

This is not SAMP where you could throw in a bunch of mods into CLEO's directory or .ASI plugins or use TXD Workshop/Alci Img Editor to replace textures... This is Eclipse rp the roleplay server on rage multiplayer, the one and only, and mods no matter what they are will not be tolerated!

So... -1

• PogU 1
  • Confused 2
  • POG 1
  • hand 1
  • dead 1