PoliceMan101

The invincible entity [ Safe Rework ]

Hello and thank you for reading this,

The invincible entity I like to call them, as they are quite literally impossible to break into is the safes. These entities pose as an impenetrable wall that you cannot get into without its code. Either you guess It or hold the owner at gunpoint to tell you it. There needs to be a fix to this. This is an unresolved issue which has gone on for far too long. A "safe cracker" or as It can be so called could be implemented to be shipped in, in drops along side weapons, armour, etc and Is capable to open a safe. It could implement the feature of having to twist many times till you hear a click in a fun roleplay game mode. It is absolutely unrealistic to not having something like this in the game, in real life I could bash a safe in with a pickaxe so making something that Its impossible to get into I feel is wrong to have in the server and I believe many other criminals would agree.

• Like 1

-1 from me. While I do understand your point, on the counter side there are things in real life that would counteract the measures you mentioned.

Your home could have an alarm system which, when broken into, contacts law enforcement that will respond. Nothing like that exists in game and even if it did, it would be heavily dependent on whether or not players were logged in and available. 

Your safe could be biometric or utilize facial recognition which would be impenetrable without the person in question. 

Your safe could be heavy duty and not easily bashed in. 

Your home could have a security system with cameras that alerts you when there is motion in the home, allowing you to call the police.

Your safe could be very well hidden and you aren't going to get hovering text notifying you of where it is at. 

There's also the fact that if this were implemented, the entire city would be a free for all. In reality, there are neighborhoods that are safer than others. There are homes/neighborhoods that have security, heavier police response in the area, nosy neighbors that call in the slightest thing off, or people continually in the homes available to call police even if the owner is not around. 

I do think there is a way to perhaps allow safes to be opened without spending hours guessing a code but implementing a script solution that allows for a single player to break into a safe kind of destroys the point of roleplay in my opinion and doesn't allow for players to hide their belongings because again, the server does not have the ability to facilitate things like hiding items off of your property unless you're placing it in the trunk of your car and parking it. The middle ground of having to know the owner of the home and engage them in escalation via roleplay seems fair to me.

14 hours ago, risk said:

-1 from me. While I do understand your point, on the counter side there are things in real life that would counteract the measures you mentioned.

Your home could have an alarm system which, when broken into, contacts law enforcement that will respond. Nothing like that exists in game and even if it did, it would be heavily dependent on whether or not players were logged in and available. 

Your safe could be biometric or utilize facial recognition which would be impenetrable without the person in question. 

Your safe could be heavy duty and not easily bashed in. 

Your home could have a security system with cameras that alerts you when there is motion in the home, allowing you to call the police.

Your safe could be very well hidden and you aren't going to get hovering text notifying you of where it is at. 

There's also the fact that if this were implemented, the entire city would be a free for all. In reality, there are neighborhoods that are safer than others. There are homes/neighborhoods that have security, heavier police response in the area, nosy neighbors that call in the slightest thing off, or people continually in the homes available to call police even if the owner is not around. 

I do think there is a way to perhaps allow safes to be opened without spending hours guessing a code but implementing a script solution that allows for a single player to break into a safe kind of destroys the point of roleplay in my opinion and doesn't allow for players to hide their belongings because again, the server does not have the ability to facilitate things like hiding items off of your property unless you're placing it in the trunk of your car and parking it. The middle ground of having to know the owner of the home and engage them in escalation via roleplay seems fair to me.

I’m going to counter everything you mentioned.

security cameras could be placed in the house to detect movement which automatically calls the police, these could be hackable and disabled through imported items, more roleplay for criminals AND police.

facial recognition is impenetrable. Well I’m unsure if you know this but anything biometric related runs through a mother board like a computer. Computers can be hacked, and so can biometric scans. A hacking motherboard which can be wired in can be accessed through imports, or even better be made in a workshop and coding, more roleplay.

heavy duty safes you cannot bash in. There can be variations in safe escalating in price making them hard to get in with Light duty which can be forced open by brute force, heavy duty which must be cracked and Biometric which must be hacked.

You wouldn’t see floating text. In the locations were safes are stored can get very NRP. In RV’s safes are in the wall which in terms of roleplay basically means they’re outside of the RV clinging to the side of the RV. In apartments you absolutely would not just be able to through any Safe into any wall you so please, so being able to spot them inside walls is completely fair. There is also nothing preventing hiding the safe in a good location, but people don’t because they know it’s an invincible entity.

The city would be free for all. How ? I understand if the owner is not online, but that is why security systems automatically all the police, exactly like real life.

You said that it destroys the point of roleplay. This is false. Firstly if you want safe cracking items you need to get that imported. For a non official faction illegal roleplayer, you need to make connections with someone official, get them to import it, actually import successfully not including comps, than including my suggestion of building it that is another roleplay situation in of itself, than actually breaking in, finding the safe(s), than cracking into them, than escaping not including police would be on your back if a single thing goes wrong and you’re saying there is no roleplay situation ? Let me ask you this, you believe running into an apartment in with guns shouting “Hands up Hands up Hands up” is more realistic than going through that large process, full of actual quality roleplay over what I like to call “clapper roleplay” which is basically what you think is better for the server.

Finally you said about knowing the owner. In real life, because all anyone want to achieve is a realistic situation, robbers don’t care about who owns what, they just want to get the money. It’s like stealing vehicles in game, if you need to know the owner to rob the house you might as well make that for vehicles as well. The reason you don’t do that it’s because it’s just unrealistic. Getting your house robbed is spontaneous, random and a case of bad luck if you had no interjection for the reasoning of why your being robbed.

• Like 1

you do not even close understand the consequences of this being enabled.
this goes beyond some loot you will get.
this is gaining the possibility of a server that looks like the purge.
with people going ham on trying anything beyond possible to get someone elses stach.
and it will give the possibility to make someone who played and grinded for 5 years to lose all overnight with no RP involved.
you just wake up and poof everything is gone.

this will make the server a "nothing to lose mentality" and people would not even care to get banned because you dont need to get banned to los all.
the server wil become a ravage

I don't see a lot of RP value coming from this, It'll just lead to BF400's scouring the city to break into any safe they get a look at. At Least getting held at gun point for your code requires a good amount of RP, you've got to case the area, wait for someone to put in the code, tail them ECT. plus removing an ability to keep something you've earned safe, doesn't contribute to making criminals more fun, just makes it feel more like dayz /rust, when it already feels like the losses you take on a criminal create  greater setbacks than on legal civilian or LEO characters.

Big -1

Safes are certainly not invincible, I have personally spent a lot of time getting into dozens of safes. When the potential reward is somebodies entire stash or a lot of drugs for example, there needs to be a certain level of security on the server for players. I have personally, on more than a dozen occasions, found houses unlocked and spent hours cracking the codes. Most times people have 1 safe code for all their safes, which is a terrible idea. Sometimes they will have 2 different safe codes across 5-8 safes. At the end of the day it is all up to you. If you are house-raiding and need them to open a safe, they cannot lie in /do about whether they know the code and all you have to do is NOT finish them if they are injured. It really isn't that difficult in the scenario of a house-raid.

The safes on ECRP only have 9999 different possible combo's, and after doing it so much it's not difficult to develop a strategy for cracking them. If the code is not in the first 50 basic 4-digit codes that I have previously encountered, then I have a strategy to go at it from there. You could hit it in the first 1000 codes you try, or you might get unlucky and have to try 9000 before you get it. This gives any player the chance to catch you in the act, or for any sort of roleplay to occur as-well. Any sort of item that could be added scriptly to crack safes would be unnecessary and make it a free for all. Having the patience to try a set of safes is something not many will do, as you can get a giant reward fast, or you could take 9000 codes just to get into a safe with a fishing rod or a burger. The 9999 codes system is already very clear cut. If you're smart you'll have a different code on all your safes to deter people from getting into them all at once. 

I get the argument that there not being a safe-cracking item in-game is unrealistic, but if everything in the game was realistic, it wouldn't be a game nor would it be fun. There's a lot of things in the game that aren't realistic that we don't complain about because it would be terrible to play with.

• Like 1
  • hand 1