Icarus

Opening the Car Wash

With the addition of the new dirt and grime on vehicles being client side. I think the car washes that are in Strawberry and Little Seoul would be an excellent addition for a freelance job. Players can take their car to the car wash and get it cleaned there. 

In my opinion, it makes very little sense that players would go to a mechanic to get a car wash. The addition of this freelance job would be another very fun roleplay opportunity for players to enjoy on the server. 

Or even making it so players can buy a hose and hook it up to their property and clean their car themselves and maybe even host cool car wash events. 

• Like 8
  • YAY 3
  • Upvote 4
  • POG 1

Personally it doesn't make too much sense to me to have mechanics clean your car, we have a process of detailing which was purely for RP. However now there is script I think it would be a great idea to have a Faction/Freelance job for cleaning vehicles!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Asuna. said:

Personally it doesn't make too much sense to me to have mechanics clean your car, we have a process of detailing which was purely for RP. However now there is script I think it would be a great idea to have a Faction/Freelance job for cleaning vehicles!

I think making a freelance job would be better in my opinion. Also to add, if no one is on duty/working the job, should have an option for auto wash similar to auto repairs.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bala said:

Love the idea of opening the car washes. Players interact at LSC when the car washing happens but it’s not quite as interesting as it could be 

Agreed, also, something about the freelance jobs not having internal management makes interactions a bit more genuine and fun. For example, burgershot employees swearing and being rude as opposed to someone who works in a salaried job having to follow internal rules about respect. 

Fine tuning this one a bit more.

Player A drives into the car wash because they just did some off-roading and would like their vehicle cleaned. Player B is working the freelance job for the car wash employee. Player B tells Player A where to drive up to. Player A gets out of the vehicle and Player A naviagtes a WI menu to request the car wash and pay for the wash, Player A inputs the license plate of the vehicle they are requesting. Player B gets the notification and has to complete several tasks for the car wash to go through. Once done, Player A can drive out and enjoy their fresh-looking car. 

Payment would be uniform and based on the car TYPE. Sedans and compacts would be relatively cheap, sports cars and super cars should be a bit more expensive (not 20k expensive but a bit more)

Obviously, I know nothing about development and programming so take this with a grain of salt. 

• Like 1

On 11/23/2022 at 10:16 PM, Icarus said:

Fine tuning this one a bit more.

Player A drives into the car wash because they just did some off-roading and would like their vehicle cleaned. Player B is working the freelance job for the car wash employee. Player B tells Player A where to drive up to. Player A gets out of the vehicle and Player A naviagtes a WI menu to request the car wash and pay for the wash, Player A inputs the license plate of the vehicle they are requesting. Player B gets the notification and has to complete several tasks for the car wash to go through. Once done, Player A can drive out and enjoy their fresh-looking car. 

Payment would be uniform and based on the car TYPE. Sedans and compacts would be relatively cheap, sports cars and super cars should be a bit more expensive (not 20k expensive but a bit more)

Obviously, I know nothing about development and programming so take this with a grain of salt. 

Irl do you charge someone at a car wash for how expensive their car is? The prices should be equal for every vehicle. Otherwise no one gonna pay 10k for a car wash that it's gonna last a few minutes anyway... 

Love this idea it would add some great RP opportunity to the server. I think they should be player owned businesses similar to BurgerShot/Gas Stations etc... If there is someone on duty then they would wash the car, if not then you can pay and drive through (the timer would be similar to any other timer on the server). The owner would have to replenish soap every so often or have more delivered by the delivery job! Not a developer, but it would add more things for not only the carwash but for other jobs too!