Dakota14

Coroner job and the issue with dead bodies.

Hello, this is going to be a simple, yet valuable change. 

I believe, and I think that a few other people can agree with me here, the way that coroners works now needs to be changed. It no longer works as intended and is rarely used. Now, there are a few simple changes that could be made to make this job work and actually be useful for RP. One such improvement could be making a HQ in the city that people can work from. As well, I think that offering a salary for coroners - much like burgershot - or increasing pay for each body would greatly improve the drive for people to play coroners. Secondly, adding a uniform to the job would also improve RP as it does not make sense for people to running around as a corner in random clothes. The third is that I think there should be an option to drop bodies at one of the hospitals or a specific building. This option could only be available when no coroners are on duty, this way officers could drop bodies off at the aforementioned location and have a proper RP way of getting rid of bodies. The only way as of this moment is to RP calling a coroner and then hiding the body. This is very poor RP in my eyes and I think it should not continue as it does not promote good RP in any way at all. 

Thank you for reading, and if you have any other suggestions about this topic, please comment! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

+1 on all your ideas, I firmly believe that the city morgue in the city should be another drop location, as having only one spot and that being Paleto is SUCH a drive for only being able to store 5 bodies. I would like to see maybe a feature where if a body is just on the ground dead for so long, the coroner faction would receive a phone call type blip and be able to go get the body if no one calls. 

• Upvote 1

+1. Coroner was a job that I was super excited to try, but I feel like it doesn't get nearly enough opportunities to make it any kind of worth it. I love the RP that comes with it but being a coroner for 2+ hours and getting maybe 1k out of it is literally one of the worst ways to spend your time not only in a financial way but also in an RP sort of way.

I am sure they can use the funeral home to be another drop location and/or job blip, and I am very much for the idea of them getting a set salary to incentivize working the job despite the lack of opportunities. Additionally, adding a new uniform to it couldn't hurt, they just updated other jobs with uniforms and they look pretty decent.

Strongly agree with every point made! Being PD, the absolute worst thing is handling a shootout because some cruisers can't transport them, the ones that can only store 1, etc. Coroners are one of the most important freelance jobs, and the current state of dead bodies in general is not only inconvenient but very poor. I could see all of these suggestions as beneficial. 

• Like 1

+1, especially the suggestions of adding a place to dispose of bodies.  I also do like some sort of option for law enforcement to have scripted abilities to do coroner related tasks if there are no coroners on duty.  Such as access to commands to put a body in a body bag, and a place to take the bodies to.

• Like 1