GreyKuraud

Toggle player numbers

Would be nice for immersion if there was a button or command to quickly toggle the appearance of player numbers above people's heads. I understand that they are important for a number of reasons but it can be distracting sometimes so giving the option to hide them would make rp feel more immersive especially for those who enjoy the first person pov. Setting this to a keybind could be better so you can do it quickly just in case.

A toggle on this would be a great option for players looking for more immersion, to where the default state is show id's, and then you'd type /showids to toggle off/on.

To prevent possible abuse in the event that someone commits DM or VDM while a player has this toggled off, a safety feature would be when a player dies if /showid is toggled off, immediately toggle it back on (Not too worried about breaking player immersion here for regular death scenarios because of the "YOU HAVE BEEN INJURED" message already does that)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, IAmTurtle said:

A year ago there was no ids unless you hit alt. But it lead to a lot of problems with reports so it was reverted and made more transparent.

with the lower number of reports coming in I think it would be something worth trying again.

I remember this being implemented and personally I didn't enjoy it. Best way to go about implementing something like this is to make a command like mentioned by @Kjaer.

To prevent possible abuse in the event that someone commits DM or VDM while a player has this toggled off, a safety feature would be when a player dies if /showid is toggled off, immediately toggle it back on

++++++

I personally would not mind having a toggle command for this.

19 hours ago, IAmTurtle said:

A year ago there was no ids unless you hit alt. But it lead to a lot of problems with reports so it was reverted and made more transparent.

Although, I do not agree with reverting it back to how it used to be where it didn't show at all unless you hold ALT. It was tested for 2 weeks and changed to how it is now.

19 hours ago, IAmTurtle said:

with the lower number of reports coming in I think it would be something worth trying again.

I don't see the need to change it back because the server has a lower amount of players (which means less reports) than it usually had, the player count can easily increase back over time.

Why change it back to something that the community didn't like? It also wasn't just because of the reports, here: