sean040904

Vehicle Gas Use....(Motorcycles)

Hello! Over the past week, I joined The Lost MC....Doing so I had to get a bike. From my trip from Sandy Gas, To Bayview was almost 40% Of my gas tank. This was in a Cliffhanger, Eclipse seems to want to be realistic but then picks and choses...With my own knowledge of my own bike, but just a few quick google searches show that motorcycles are more fuel efficient by more than two times that of a car...So it blows my mind that my Supercharged V8 Hellfire is better on gas than my cliffhanger? 

"[Fuel] Adjusted fuel consumption and fuel tank sizes to be more realistic"

NBDY — 12/20/2020

"A vehicle's fuel efficiency is one of the most important things to consider when shopping, but motorcycles are actually some of the most fuel-efficient vehicles on the road. It doesn't matter if you're comparing an SUV or a hybrid, even a gas-guzzling motorcycle is likely more fuel-efficient than a regular car."

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/why-a-motorcycle-is-the-most-fuel-efficient-vehicle-you-can-buy/

12 hours ago, AtlasOLimbo said:

Fuel efficiency just refers to the consumption rate. Motorcycles have a much *much* smaller tank than cars. This is realistic.

Hey! @AtlasOLimboThanks for the reply....Motorcycles have smaller tanks yes! but they also have higher power to weight ratio. If we were to say that the biggest vehicles lets say the mule has the best fuel consumption because its the largest vehicle there for it has the biggest tank and should use less fuel right? There should be more logic put into the server...The mule is not aerodynamic at all, it also hauls a crap ton of stuff, and juding by the front of the car not a very big engine....my novak "suv" has great gas mileage but I dont think it should be better than my motor cycle just because its bigger. Ill give you some real life numbers for reference..

Here are the numbers for the Hellfire which is modeled after Dodge Srt Hellcat Widebody 

MSRP: From $71,350
Horsepower: 717 to 797 hp
Engine: 6.2 L V8
Curb weight: 4,586 lbs
MPG: 12 city / 21 highway

My cliff hanger Which is based off a "Harley Davidson XR-750"- "Xg750 mpg I usually average 40-45 mpg around town and ripping on the throttle. Get a new seat, pipes, headlight, and bars." Although the tank doesnt hold over 4.5 Gallons Bikes are indeed way better on gas than Cars. So My motorcycle in real life can go 193 Mile on 4.5 Gallons Where the car can only go 222 on 18.5 Gallons

Edited by sean040904
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, sean040904 said:

Hey! @AtlasOLimboThanks for the reply....Motorcycles have smaller tanks yes! but they also have higher power to weight ratio. If we were to say that the biggest vehicles lets say the mule has the best fuel consumption because its the largest vehicle there for it has the biggest tank and should use less fuel right? There should be more logic put into the server...The mule is not aerodynamic at all, it also hauls a crap ton of stuff, and juding by the front of the car not a very big engine....my novak "suv" has great gas mileage but I dont think it should be better than my motor cycle just because its bigger. Ill give you some real life numbers for reference..

Here are the numbers for the Hellfire which is modeled after Dodge Srt Hellcat Widebody 

MSRP: From $71,350
Horsepower: 717 to 797 hp
Engine: 6.2 L V8
Curb weight: 4,586 lbs
MPG: 12 city / 21 highway

My cliff hanger Which is based off a "Harley Davidson XR-750"- "Xg750 mpg I usually average 40-45 mpg around town and ripping on the throttle. Get a new seat, pipes, headlight, and bars." Although the tank doesnt hold over 4.5 Gallons Bikes are indeed way better on gas than Cars. So My motorcycle in real life can go 193 Mile on 4.5 Gallons Where the car can only go 222 on 18.5 Gallons

My biggest issue is motorcycles are already extremely good game-wise as is. For LEOs and crims, especially something like the BF. A buff may seem good for a civ but may toss that balance off.

57 minutes ago, AtlasOLimbo said:

My biggest issue is motorcycles are already extremely good game-wise as is. For LEOs and crims, especially something like the BF. A buff may seem good for a civ but may toss that balance off.

Hey! Yea I get what you're saying...but realism needs to be applied both ways...Motorcycles get away a bunch in real life too! The cops already have the Drafter to keep up for speed, kamatcho for offroad, and hell a HELICOPTER to view from the top with night vison....Bikes are broken but thats the point, crims need something buffed. Pd is too strong...Spawn with heavys spawn really anything, and crims have to work for everything they have, and if not less. The amount of gas used on a bike is insane, cops don't need that much of a advantage...There is no balance when it comes to real life issues, Cops have upper hands and so do crims....Offsetting something so key for a crim so they can get caught more SUCKS, and the amount of fines etc add up very fast. Bikes need to be more realistic end of story. There is a reason you cant re fill your vehicle in a chase.....