JohnnydaHo

Question about RP typing

As someone with arthritis in my hands I had thought that using a mic would be the best way to RP. In game I am finding that police officers and medics always force typewritten RP in situations where I do not understand why. Can someone explain to me why I can’t just stand still and tell a police officer verbally that I will not resist getting cuffed; or why I just can’t tell a medic that my arm is broken? Thanks.

Typed RP is used to display truthful and accurate statements about the RP situation and the environment around you. You can SAY you won't resist and still resist, so RPing it is what actually determines whether or not you do resist. Same goes for medics. You can say one thing while another is what's actually happening. Someone IRL might say "I think I broke my arm" when in reality, they might just have a dislocated joint or something of the sort.

Maybe a bit late, but I believe there are some helpful tools for this situation. One I can personally think of is maybe a Speech to Text tool that could assist you in this. I won't be able to tell if this is helpful for you and I honestly have no idea how these tools work or how they can be setup, but maybe worth trying 🙂 

Edited by Yputi

On 8/5/2021 at 2:31 AM, jason said:

Typed RP is used to display truthful and accurate statements about the RP situation and the environment around you. You can SAY you won't resist and still resist, so RPing it is what actually determines whether or not you do resist. Same goes for medics. You can say one thing while another is what's actually happening. Someone IRL might say "I think I broke my arm" when in reality, they might just have a dislocated joint or something of the sort.

I am not convinced by this. You say "RPing it" like all other words and actions are not RP when in fact that is not the case. If I SAY I will not resist but in fact resist I have RP'd resistance. If I SAY I will not resist and do not resist, I have RP'd compliance. Your medic example makes no sense either. Patients do not diagnose themselves. So asking me to type out my injuries is needless. If I say I think I broke my arm a medic is free to look at me and rp verbally a different diagnosis. They then can go on to type out their rp to address that diagnosis. No typing is needed on the patients part.