uolla92

Timeout after joining the server

Note from Osvaldon:

The timeout issue is being addressed by GTA:N development team, it's a global issue affecting many GTA:N servers and there's nothing we can do about it until a hotfix is released!

Hello.

I mean, I already know people tell this is a GTA:N problem, and many people are experiencing this issue.

But my question is, how's possible that a few people can play? What's their privilege? There is a reason many of us gets timed out and a few others can play.

There are many factors why GTA:N works/crashes/desyncs more or less for certain people, but it's difficult to determine what exactly causes each problems, only GTA:N developers may answer your question. Software, hardware, ISP - can all influence different problems.

I'm finding it extremely difficult to even be able to join the server, i've recently registered to play on the server and can't even get past the 8th question because of this really annoying "timeout" issue. i'm on atleast a 7th attempt to get past the quiz but unfortunately i can't get it done.

any solutions?

For me it started yesterday/today (around 16 hrs ago), before that I only got crashes, never timed out. Now I can't do anything, because I get timed out after few minutes.

Couldn't had said it any better myself. That's the issue.

I'm going through the troubleshoot thread at the GTAN forums at this moment.

Here's a link to you guys having the issue if you haven't checked it out already. It might help, who knows..

https://forum.gtanet.work/index.php?threads/troubleshooting.823/

Hi, bumping this as I also have the same problem. I tried joining and it would disconnect me with a 'time out' after being connected for about 2 minutes. I managed to race through the quiz and get to the character selection screen and make a character really fast, just whatever it gives me, and I never really get past the introduction sequence as I get timed out. Though I tried connecting to other servers, though with many fewer players, like 10, and I never get a timed out disconnect.

Maybe this is related to sheer network activity overwhelming the sync?

I use AMD by the way and I've closed all overlays that could cause issues as well as checked firewall permissions.

I was able to play fine last night with only a couple java errors showing ingame, but today I get kicked every 2 minutes with "Timeout" error.

I have logged in 5 times, and the same every time today.

edit: Just saw that this is happening on all the servers, so hoping for fix soon from GTA:N

Yesterday i was able to play fine on the server, only getting disconnected once after a couple of hours playing(Character now stuck in the middle of the dessert -.-") however my brother that was right next to me was having the time out problem, he couldn't even log into the server, we both have almost the same pc (build by me) i7 4th, 32 GB RAM, he has a 970 while i have the 980TI and our motherboards are different, we both have the same NVIDIA drivers and are running the same build of W10, we are connected by cable and running the game in -borderless. We can pretty much discard the drivers causing the time out and just wait till GTA:N finds a solution. If you remember the first days of SA:MP they were worse than this.