KlassiKodakBop

Criminal License Suspensions

The way license suspensions work is ridiculous. So for instance you get your license suspended for 2 days, you cant use your car, or get any other car out so there for you basically can not make any money for those 2 days. And on the other side who would wait 48 years( 1 OOC hour = 1 year) to get their license back? I think that is to extreme, like everything else is IC time except for license suspensions and I think that needs to be fixed. 

1 hour ago, KlassiKodakBop said:

1 OOC hour = 1 year

Nah, it used to be 1 to 4 hours conversion, but it got changed to 1-to-1.  1 day is 1 day.

In my country if the cops nail you for "stunt driving," described as 50kph over the speed limit you get:

• 6 demerit points (they go down by 2 per year, at 15 you're suspended for 30 days)
  • 7 day immediate licence suspension
  • 7 day vehicle impoundment and they make you pay for the impound
  • fine of $2000.00
  • licence suspension of up to two years upon conviction
  • imprisonment up to six months

If anything the punishment you get is realistic, and you only get suspended if you do some extremely dumb driving. Don't want to get suspended? Drive like a human being!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KlassiKodakBop said:

The way license suspensions work is ridiculous. So for instance you get your license suspended for 2 days, you cant use your car, or get any other car out so there for you basically can not make any money for those 2 days. And on the other side who would wait 48 years( 1 OOC hour = 1 year) to get their license back? I think that is to extreme, like everything else is IC time except for license suspensions and I think that needs to be fixed. 

There is no longer a conversion like that. It is 1:1.

"Dear Eclipse Community,

This is just a short announcement to clear up any confusion regarding time conversions. This may sound confusing to most of you, but it's relevant for some.

There are currently 4-day cycles in-game in 24 real-life hours. The intention with these cycles is to allow everyone, regardless of their timezone and play hours, to experience day and night whilst playing. In our most recent admin meeting, we recognized that this has confused a lot of players in regards to how they should refer to time. Some players follow a 1:1 conversion (1 in-game hour = 1 real-life hour), whilst some follow a 4:1 (4 in-game hours = 1 real-life hour), and this conversion simply confuses too many people.

We decided that we'd make this announcement to inform the community to not use the 4:1 conversion, and instead, follow the 1:1 and refer to time as actual server time (/time). The cycles will remain for the reasons mentioned above. 

This means that you shouldn't for example, say that you're renting out an apartment for 4 weeks when you actually mean 1. Please educate your friends and other acquaintances.

This does not apply to prison and jail sentences as the script already tells you how to treat a minute In Character. 

- Osborn."

Also, you can still drive by the way. It's not like there is a script that won't let you drive a car. You obviously want to be careful when driving on a suspended license. Just use a different car that is not impounded.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, tylxrrr said:

There is no longer a conversion like that. It is 1:1.

"Dear Eclipse Community,

This is just a short announcement to clear up any confusion regarding time conversions. This may sound confusing to most of you, but it's relevant for some.

There are currently 4-day cycles in-game in 24 real-life hours. The intention with these cycles is to allow everyone, regardless of their timezone and play hours, to experience day and night whilst playing. In our most recent admin meeting, we recognized that this has confused a lot of players in regards to how they should refer to time. Some players follow a 1:1 conversion (1 in-game hour = 1 real-life hour), whilst some follow a 4:1 (4 in-game hours = 1 real-life hour), and this conversion simply confuses too many people.

We decided that we'd make this announcement to inform the community to not use the 4:1 conversion, and instead, follow the 1:1 and refer to time as actual server time (/time). The cycles will remain for the reasons mentioned above. 

This means that you shouldn't for example, say that you're renting out an apartment for 4 weeks when you actually mean 1. Please educate your friends and other acquaintances.

This does not apply to prison and jail sentences as the script already tells you how to treat a minute In Character. 

- Osborn."

Also, you can still drive by the way. It's not like there is a script that won't let you drive a car. You obviously want to be careful when driving on a suspended license. Just use a different car that is not impounded.

Oh okay sorry for the confusion I just thought that the only thing that was OOC days was the license suspension my bad on the bad suggestion. Thank you for clearing up the curiosity I had.