Dashingly

Remove name tag when crouching

Problem: As it stands right now you can see people's health bars and name tags from a far distance and through walls, this is a detriment to the server for anyone trying to be sneaky/stealthy. This not only leads to metagaming positions, but eliminates any sort of advantage you may gain from having a surprise element. 

Evidence for what I mean: https://gyazo.com/c22051844789d49dea3f8e725af6ce5f

Why it's a problem: From that picture you can see that there are 2 name tags that are a 3 story drop away from me, and through a roof. They can see my name tag and can call out my position even though they may not be aware that I'm up there ICly, they can see the name tag and can call out my position. If the name tags weren't visible, neither of us would have known about each others positions, and could have maybe changed the outcome to the ensuing gun fight.

I'm not saying that people are purposely looking to metagame name tags, and I'm definitely trying to call anybody out on it, because I think everyone does it right now. I'm simply saying that since it's possible to see name tags through walls and over a long distance, not a lot of people will put themselves at a disadvantage and try to ignore it, they'll just go along with it since it's a mechanic on the server.

Solution: I'm proposing that anytime that a player is crouched using the (c), or hidden behind cover (q), that the name tag disappears. I'm also proposing that the view distance get maybe reduced by a 1/3rd or maybe even a half, you can see name tags from so far away, it's ridiculous. I believe that with these changes, it will elevate the servers RP and serve to be more realistic for the server.

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

+1 I totally agree. Let's say you're searching for a suspect as a cop. The suspect is crouched down in a bush. As soon as the cop sees the nametag, he can't do anything. His brain knows that the criminal is there, and he can't act authentically.

4 hours ago, Kay133 said:

+1 I totally agree. Let's say you're searching for a suspect as a cop. The suspect is crouched down in a bush. As soon as the cop sees the nametag, he can't do anything. His brain knows that the criminal is there, and he can't act authentically.

Exactly, I tried to word it best I could but that's worded perfectly.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.