strangur

Allow Motorcycle Clubs to have custom biker jackets and cuts or clothing assets to more easily distinguish.

In terms of the mods you linked, all with the exception of the Sons of Anarchy one wouldn't sit correctly on your character as they are sized for other peds.
The mods I've linked below would in theory work for the male and female freemode characters.

In terms of supporting factions with custom clothing beyond the law enforcement factions, I think you have to judge each case on it's merits. It's easier to justify putting in special clothing for say PD or SD or DOC or MD because they've been around for at LEAST 18 months and they're not going to be going anywhere. The same goes with say Weazel or DCC or Bayview or LSC. They are all institutions.

Now if you compare that with the non-government factions, a faction's official status is always of course, subject to review. What is here today could be gone tomorrow. Putting in clothing mods in terms of putting them in is a simple process, but things might not work out and then what do you do with the clothing slot? Do you replace it with something else? Do you put it into general circulation?

I think you could definitely make a case for both the Lost MC and also the LSMC to have something, because they've been going since August, I don't believe they've gotten themselves into trouble and adding specific clothing makes sense in terms of their RP as bikers gangs/factions do wear those cuts.

8ac4c6-Front.png1a08b7-20190625163345_1.jpg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Bala said:

In terms of the mods you linked, all with the exception of the Sons of Anarchy one wouldn't sit correctly on your character as they are sized for other peds.
The mods I've linked below would in theory work for the male and female freemode characters.

In terms of supporting factions with custom clothing beyond the law enforcement factions, I think you have to judge each case on it's merits. It's easier to justify putting in special clothing for say PD or SD or DOC or MD because they've been around for at LEAST 18 months and they're not going to be going anywhere. The same goes with say Weazel or DCC or Bayview or LSC. They are all institutions.

Now if you compare that with the non-government factions, a faction's official status is always of course, subject to review. What is here today could be gone tomorrow. Putting in clothing mods in terms of putting them in is a simple process, but things might not work out and then what do you do with the clothing slot? Do you replace it with something else? Do you put it into general circulation?

I think you could definitely make a case for both the Lost MC and also the LSMC to have something, because they've been going since August, I don't believe they've gotten themselves into trouble and adding specific clothing makes sense in terms of their RP as bikers gangs/factions do wear those cuts.

Totally agree with you here, it should be worked hard for and given to Official factions only and not easily obtained, Thanks so much for this input its something i really want to see sometime soon and i am very excited for some RP around this, i do see that potentially it could be "Purchased" by factions leaders as running an MC you need to buy patches, potentially then it would go into general circulation if the MC disbanded, another thing that is MASSIVE for MCs is giving back youre patches if you leave or get kicked out, Youre patch is everything and taking someone of youre patch would be a big punishment or for a gang to do it even more so.

The only other thing i can think of would be the CTRL D option in faction Club houses which maybe could just put the patch on youre back given youre appropriate rank within faction provided you have what would be classified as already a "Biker cut" on your charcter, Just a few idea that me and my MC have had in the last few weeks as we are growing fast and all desperate to see this implemented.

Edited by TheRealAjaxx
  • Like 2

On 5/18/2021 at 4:16 AM, Bala said:

Really great points Bala, and appreciate you taking the time to share these.

It would be great to see this in any form - whether that be for the longer tenure MCs or as TheRealAjaxx suggested - giving the opportunity for faction leaders to "purchase" these, to allow the newer groups to get involved (which at least in the case of the Diablos, are growing exponentially).

Also agree with their additional point of the "CTRL D" faction option to allow the use of patches - keeps everything low maintenance for the faction but importantly the staff team. If an official MC drops off the map, the files could be removed. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kento said:

Sadly I don’t see this ever happening on eclipse  the biker scene isn’t big enough for it

We will see i guess, only time will tell 😉 It will always be a niche just like it real life really, people love sports cars fast cars ect, they are safer IRL and in game, so undoubtedly people will always prefer cars.

• Like 1

Huge +1, this would be amazing from the RP point of view. Gangs and such wear colors and all but Motorcycle Clubs are not distinguished by the clothes themselves. They put a lot more weight upon the kuttes/vests/cut-offs they wear. The colors on the patched leather/denim vest is what separates the Motorcycle Clubs from one another. In real Motorcycle Clubs, depending on their culture, you rarely see bikers with their outfit matching the colors of their club's patches or putting a bunch of art-work and coloring their bikes. It's all on the visible patches they wear on their leather/denim vests.

Edited by Morrow
  • Like 2

Sadly most motorcycle clubs don't last long enough to warrant having their uniform/custom outfits, but as said for factions like PD/SD/MD/DOC, they're pretty much staples of the community faction wise. 

I don't see much of a point of the developers implementing custom clothing for non-official or even official  factions that hardly last a decent six months without disbanding. 

Sadly most motorcycle clubs don't last long enough to warrant having their uniform/custom outfits, but as said for factions like PD/SD/MD/DOC, they're pretty much staples of the community faction wise. 

I don't see much of a point of the developers implementing custom clothing for non-official or even official  factions that hardly last a decent six months without disbanding. 

i do agree with you there however for the likes of LSMC that has been going for well over a year and Lost for probably the same amount of time surely it can be done on a case by case. Although all the points made have been amazing points and really hope this is one day implemented. BUMP and +1

• Like 1

+1 Again, after reviewing this thread and the comments, I have some additional points to add.

I believe the groups such as Lost MC and LSMC, have been around long enough now to at least warrant this is given some serious thought, with Diablos now getting Official status after working hard for 6 months now, it's not something we are going to just throw away, we are here to stay, and continue to RP as a club, and for us, nothing would make us happier than seeing patches get added. I understand that it will take hard work and resources and that people are worried the time will be wasted, but i would like to think that as eclipse continues to run there will always be some form of MC whether it be legal or illegal. With this in mind maybe 2 or 3 of the most popular black leather cuts, could at least have in the colour variation slider some of the more important ranked patches on them eg, President, V.President, SGT, Secretary, Member, Prospect. I think this could be a start to adding to the MCs RP potential, as it would give the Official factions hope that back patches could one day be a reality, and would also encourage other civilians to make a MC of their own which i would love to see, and RP with. When it comes to personalised patches for Officials faction MCs, that's something that they can maybe earn or work towards as it takes up more time, we want this to happen as soon as possible, and have offered to help out wherever we can, we already have custom made patches for every role within our MC, and have a back patch to match. 

https://imgur.com/a/J8zTHP7

With something similar already in GTA Online, i'm not sure how easy is it to add that in to eclipse, as seen in the above pictures there is already ranked patches you can assign to different members of your crew, and also the ability to add back patches through a crew icon done in the social club, if it was to be set up, a similar way of doing it so that if a MC has a custom made patch they could also join in with displaying their back patch.

Edited by AceInsight
  • Like 4

On 8/17/2021 at 6:54 AM, Actualbears said:

I'm sure the work involved is quite intensive but the reason the developers are involved is they enjoy to provide for the community. There are currently 3 official MC factions which means a high percentage of the community are into MC's or recognize them in some way.

I don't think it is a necessity but I do believe it would add some great RP and immersion. 

• Like 2