ShawnsBeard

Physical Keys

Currently on the server, keys are kind of wonky.  They are always scriptly on your character unless specific RP is done to hide them constantly, and many issues arise which break immersion when keys are 'robbed' or borrowed from another player.  Often times you will have to do RP to take keys off an individual, just to have to carry them or have themselves walk over to their vehicle to unlock it.  In short, my suggestions is that we make house and vehicle keys an inventory item, much like clothes and weaponry.

This could be done in a few different ways, but my main idea would be that a new section of the inventory UI is added called the key ring.  It would work like the recently implemented clothes and weapon UI's, but it would be for physical keys.  The key ring would also have a limited number of slots for keys, say 4 or 5 different keys.  Thus, excess keys for multiple different houses or vehicles would have to be stored someplace safe.  Individual keys wouldn't specifically state what they were for, they would just be named either Vehicle Keys or House Keys, but the owner of said keys would be able to inspect them to find out what they are for, much like a person IRL knows which key is their house key and which is for their mailbox or vehicle. 

A physical key would be given to a player upon purchase of a house or vehicle, and their locks would have to be changed to no longer allow old keys to work on them.  If a key was lost or destroyed somehow, someone needed a spare set of keys, or their locks needed changed, a player could go about getting a new set by visiting either Mors Insurance, or there could be a new scripted job added to the server called a Locksmith, whose job would be to create new and spare keys for requesting players and to change the locks of houses and vehicles of requesting players.  Anytime a vehicle is claimed from mors, the claiming player would be given a new key and the locks will have been changed by the insurance company.

I think this would allow for deeper roleplay involved with the key system on the server, as currently keys seem to revolve around OOC unlocks that break immersion for both parties.  If you have any more to add or say about the suggestion, please leave it below in the comments.  

Edited by ShawnsBeard
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

+1! Love this kind of idea and would love to see it implemented.

EDIT: We're already moving into this direction with the coming addition of bank cards! I see no reason why we should be more RP with our keys.

Edited by Kjaer

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.