Ritchie Stones

credit appartments

make the credit appartments not count up to your higher tax rate.
* you cant rent them out on comercial level unless you have a license for weazel news posts
* you cant put drug labs in there so they dont add help making any money, 
it kinda leaves me with
* i can invite some friends
* i can store some cars
* and i have a safe so i can store some items
woohooow!!!

dont get me wrong i really like the suite and i think it was an AMAZING idea!!! and as you can see many really like it.
but i cant leave out but to feel like i have screwed myself over here by buying the credit appartment and it should not feel like that.
the same case is with credit cars i heard that they dont add up i the assets. ( correct me if im wrong)
also the normal appartments have gone down from 650k to 250k atm,
so owning that asset doesnt match up with the actual vallue the bank informs me
atm my assets are about like 1.2 mil but in reality one appartment is now only 250k a kamacho 450k and another suite apparment from credit wich i dont kow what that is worth, 

or make the assets fluctuate with the market prices ? i think that would look more realistic

• Like 1

>* you cant rent them out on comercial level unless you have a license for weazel news posts
This is an in-character issue really, you caaannn do it technically just not legally. But I don't think IC barriers like this are relevant as there's several options available to rent one beyond what you describe both legal and illegal.

>* you cant put drug labs in there so they dont add help making any money, 
This was explicitly said when they were first put up for sale that these apartments were primarily aimed at civilian characters and not criminals.
(Personally speaking I still think its a poor-rp action to cook drugs in an apartment complex)

1 hour ago, Ritchie Stones said:

it kinda leaves me with
* i can invite some friends
* i can store some cars
* and i have a safe so i can store some items

And this is kind of the point. The fact you can upgrade it all the way to a 6g apartment is very strong of a tool in itself when you consider how much it would cost IC cash to get 6g (Even buying apartments at their cheapest would be ~$1mil for a 6g, let alone it has a fancy (AND large, modifiable) interior, I believe you get a lot for what is effectively considered a normal apartment as far as taxing is concerned. 

I don't know the exact tax values for properties (plus it's IC info) but working with the numbers you give, assuming apartments are 250k, your net worth would be $1.14mil ( 2x 250k apartments, 1x 450k kamacho) leaving about 50k of cash you might have on you/in bank that would push your assets to 1.2mil like you said. I think this is very fair and do you not think someone who owns a very popular top range car, and 2 apartments would naturally be considered rich enough to be in a higher bracket?

As for assets fluctuating with market price, that's a whole other suggestion in itself which I believe is in this forum somewhere and is a very complicated topic.

But tl;dr
I don't think they're meant to be for making money, they're meant as a utility for the more civilian side of roleplay and in the grand scheme of things, their tax values are extremely reasonable.

Edited by DrPathetic

I understand a good amount of the nerfing they did to apartments bought with credits is to discourage a pay to win type of scenario. However, the fact you can't cook drugs in your own apartment is kind of cruel if you ask me. If you've grinded and spent almost a million dollars, you're somehow arbitrarily allowed to cook drugs in your apartment; but cannot otherwise? The same risk of being raided, lab blowing up would be the same. It's not like buying an apartment automatically gives you access to drug tables; you have to find those and buy them yourself which can be hard to most players. I just find the "It's meant for civilian RP" to be a very poor excuse; it's not the real reason at all. It's just that they don't want the chance of a newbie who's found drug tables to be able to buy a nice apartment and grind himself into a millionaire. At the end of the day, people buy houses with credits because they do not have the IG money to buy houses; civilians and criminals alike.

So long as you can't sell your house for IG $$, I really fail to see an issue with allowing people who spent their legitimate hard earned money to be able to utilize their homes however they see fit. 

SUGGESTION DENIED

Thank you for your patience while this suggestion was being reviewed/researched.

After reviewing/researching this suggestion, we have decided to deny it for the following reason(s): 

• As the credit apartments are bought OOCly they really shouldn't be used for financial IC gain to avoid making them P2W. 

This decision is final. Unless instructed to, do not post another suggestion pertaining to this topic. You will still be able to submit other suggestions on the forums.

Regards,

Chunder