Lester Acosta

Client-Sided Animals

I find myself hunting for money from time to time and here are my thoughts on the current system and what I think should be changed.

Current Situation: In terms of making money, it is very stable and balanced. You'll find yourself making 8-10K per hour depending on your level of skill and knowledge of all the places animals can be spotted.

Problem: criminals are being pushed out from the illegal money making part of the server, they are starting to take up legal jobs, one of them being hunting. This presents a problem because now there is overhunting. At times I will leave the hunting grounds after an entire hour with not more than 3K worth of meat. Another problem with hunting is that animals that are dead cannot be clearly seen as dead; they look alive until you go up to them and are prompted with the message "This carcass is already gutted."

Proposed Solution: I don't know whether it would be possible or not, however, I have found that on other servers there is a client sided system where the animal/creature being hunted only appear on their screen. This would reduce competition and allow for hunting to be a much more stable job.

I also want to state that if this problem isn't fixed through my solution or any other solution such as increased spawn rates (which I don't think would work for obvious reasons) the problem will only get worse and once again practically destroy a valid source of income on the server.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.