Rytis

Gun Dealers.

So I've got quite a few years in the GTA RP scene under my belt, and I have seen various things on other servers, that I would like to see implemented into Eclipse since I've found myself getting bored of the few jobs that exist.

I will add frequent suggestions to this forum since there's a lot of things I'd like to see. This is my first.

Gun Dealers

I'm not sure if this is already implemented, but I haven't seen it, so here's my suggestion.

I suggest adding gun dealers to Eclipse.

How these would work:

There are many ways this could be implemented, but I'll give my suggestion:

So a current job that we have is a Truck Driver, and they can deliver weapons. As Truck drivers are delivering weapons, criminals would be able to intercept the delivery and steal the weapons from the trailer. 

More items could be added such as a crowbar, which would allow criminals to break into a gun-carrying trailer. This means that criminals would have to get the trailer to a safe place before they take the weapons. This means that police will have time to respond to these thefts, meaning criminals can't just abuse this to get free weapons easily. Of course, I recommend the payout for truck drivers, delivering weapons, to be much higher since they have a chance at being robbed and losing their load. This would make it high-risk, high-reward for both truckers, and criminals, since they would have to run away from police before they can crack open the trailer. Once criminals open the trailer, they can take weapons for personal, as well as gun-dealing use.

The way the selling process would work would be similar to how drug dealing works right now. Criminals would approach players and ask them if they'd like to purchase certain firearms. The prices would be cheaper than gun-stores, meaning people will be more likely to buy from these gun dealers, so this implementation wouldn't be a waste.

This brings to me to another suggestion - being able to buy bullets instead of having to purchase a fully-loaded weapon again. This is a huge problem since I don't always want to purchase a fully loaded pistol at 100 bullets, as it is expensive. I think a system should be added where players would be able to buy a certain about of bullets from dealers, as well as gun stores. The lower the amount of bullets, the lower the price. 

Problems that may occur:

I could see this being abused by criminals to get free weapons/bullets as they could just get a friend to be a trucker and deliver free weapons. This could be seen as either as a rule-breaking offence (bannable offence), or a role-play scenario, since in real life criminals do hire delivery drivers to obtain weapons and other goods. However, I believe this is already a thing since I'm pretty sure there are criminals that have ties with the police department to gain an advantage. But that's just role-play right? These things to happen in real life, so I don't see why it shouldn't happen in GTA RP.

That's a reason why I think Trucking should be made a governmental faction, meaning it would have a manager. This would make the job a lot more formal, meaning players take it a lot more seriously, lessening the chance of this abuse, if it is a game-breaking problem.

Alternatively, a completely separate job could be made for these weapon deliveries. It would be a governmental faction too, for the same reasons. This would mean we could keep Trucking as it is.

This would be a criminal/illegal job, meaning police will be on the lookout for gun dealers to punish them. (e.g 1 hour in jail if found to be selling weapons or carrying a suspicious amount of weapons). Also, if a citizen is found carrying an illegal firearm they would be punished also.

How this implementation would help the server:

- It would make the trucks that you buy at the market more usable since criminals could buy them and steal the trailer from a truck driver to deliver it to a safe place to crack open.

- Will add more dynamic gameplay/roleplay.

- It would make trucking more interesting

- Many people would be satisfied, seeing gun dealers in-game.

^^ - High risk, high reward

^^ - Truck drivers would actually deliver weapons, because it seems like everyone is just doing fuel at the moment making it boring since not all of the server's capabilities are being utilised. (this would add more dynamic gameplay).

Of course this is just a suggestion, therefore if what I suggested isn't ideal, I still think we desperately need gun dealers in the server, especially considering we have drug dealers, which is just as common as firearm dealing in real life.

I will be adding more non-crime related jobs in the future so the gameplay of the server isn't revolved around criminal life as it currently seems to be (personal opinion).

Edited by VAC to Global