Yputi

Change /mechservice price and timer

Hello,
I would like to give 2 suggestions, 1 of them comming with a sort of "additional" suggestion.

Suggestion 1:
I've been playing as a mechanic got a while now and serviced many vehicles. One of the things I always explain to trainees is that they have to kind of guess when the /mechservice will be finish. They get told to do /mechservice at the right time so it roughly finishes at the end of their RP.

Now I have a feeling the /mechservice system is not really up-to-date to current expectations, seeing what you get to see when submitting this command when a player wants modifications: 
b4185a8dc92f2fdb64f125ee3a1f5328.png

When doing /mechservice when you perform a repair it even says this:
2bd91effd645570f8695a553c7611d61.png

Now when I started RP'ing at a mechanic shop in 2018, it was already told you should RP repairing it and not follow the instructions the script gives, the ones shown above. We are expected to actually RP installing/repairing everything, hence I would like to suggest a change to this system:

1. Make /mechservice instant, removing the percentage counter that goes up depending on the mods
The reason for this is that I personally had many times where it's simply impossible to guess how long the /mechservice will take. With repairs it is a little easier, but with mods it can take ages while you already did the RP for everything. Personally, I feel like it's better to have /mechservice instant, so people can just do it once the RP is done, which will prevent the vehicle already being "done" while the RP isn't 100% done, players just grabbing vehicles because its "done" scriptwise.
However, I would like to add something to this part of the suggestion:

1.1 Add a repair animation
Not just for repairing really, but also when modifying the vehicle. Also to replace the animation that comes with repairs, but having this an optional animation would also make it possible to work on the actual engine for cars that have their engines in the back.

Suggestion 2:
I remember long ago the repair prices being 100% fixed for every vehicle and every amount of damage. This got changed to a more dynamic system, where the vehicle damage level actually got saved. This current system also comes with a raised base price when a vehicle has basically 0 HP. I would personally prefer to have this system expanded to improve realism, with the suggestion and reasoning below:

2. Base price of repairs increase depending on the HP
To give an idea what I personally would like to see I made this table:
7869bae8f19fd2fb72970ac795c39c07.png
(Purely to give an idea.)

The main reason I would personally love to see a change like this is for the following points:

• More realism
    People who pay the same for a 900HP vehicle as people with a 300HP vehicle doesn't make sense.

• Promote players to value vehicles more
    People will no longer smash their car in the barriers at the mechanic shop anymore. They do this because of the point above; it doesn't matter how damaged it is anyway with current system. Next to that, it would also promote people more to drive more carefull and take damages more serious.

TL;DR
1. Remove /mechservice timer so mechanics can just do their RP without the timer bothering them really.
2. Make engine repair base prices more dynamic to promote more realism.

Let me know what you think. Please also specify in any comment if it's regarding suggestion 1, 2 or both.

Edited by Yputi
  • Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.