BlueFalcon0321

Park Ranger/Fish and Game Officer

I am sure I am not the only one who can attest to the robberies that occur at the various hunting areas. For example, in the past two days I have been robbed and killed at the same location by the same individuals. Both times I was killed while not resisting. I have been a strong believer that these hunting areas should be classified as NCZ's. For the reason that robbing someone at these locations does not hold validity when talking about "realistic" scenarios. I have never heard of real life stories of people being robbed while hunting in the middle of the woods. Especially when people hunting are 99.9% of the time possessing a weapon or firearm.  I doubt that these locations will become NCZs but maybe a Park Ranger or a Fish and Game Commission Officer be established to patrol these areas and deter people from committing robberies there. It doesn't make hunting enjoyable when you have to worry about having your inventory looted or worst killed. Establishing a LEO in this area could create some excellent RP and add to the economy. Just some food for thought.

I disagree with your point that hunting areas should be NCZ. NCZ should be reserved for high security areas.
About the bit that it should be added to the unrealistic robbery rule: 

15. Player Theft, Prison Breakout, and Kidnapping

• Robberies should be conducted in a realistic manner with reasonable in-character motive using secluded areas. Players should not conduct minor robberies in situations with high risk. Desert or forest areas are considered secluded but witnesses should still be considered.

I think that hunting areas very much fall into that latter area and are realistic to rob people as they're extremely secluded. People can't randomly kill you up there still otherwise it'd be Deathmatching so if you've been killed there it must be from trying to fight back against a robbery.

Now to the main point, I can get behind the idea of Park Rangers for sure, but there'd be a bit of clash with SD's jurisdictions that would need to be fleshed out a lot more in the actual role of said Rangers. The main issue is that hunting areas specifically are pretty wide and not many player density so it could be a large waste of time being alone up there for people who choose to patrol. 

I think this could be created by anybody and wouldn't need to be an LEO, someone could set up a faction dedicated to this cause and patrol with their legal firearms, bodycams on, and a uniform and act within the law and claim they're park rangers. And when they do catch someone robbing for instance, they do a citizens arrest effectively and call actual LEO's. This kind of RP could be hella fun to be honest. It's something I have considered multiple times trying to set up.

As previously said, because of the lack of density, I'd also maybe take this suggestion ICly, and speak with Sheriff's Department about it. Maybe ask for some sort of division's implementation to focus on environmental, fishing, hunting, and etc laws.

Due to the small man power of this, it may be more fitted as a division within LSSD than its own department, and their office can be located at the Beaver Station. ex. Parks and Environmental Enforcement Division (PEED)

p219.png

While it would be VERY nice to have a dedicated Park Ranger Department on the server ((GTA V has a Parks Ranger SUV))

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Percival
  • Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.