Stelllyo

PD Teamspeak

Should PD OOC Channels have Talking Privileges.  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Should PD OOC Channels have Talking Privileges.

• Yes, I dont mind it, and the risk of Metagaming is minimal.
    • No, they shouldn't have talking privileges as it encourages Meta gaming.

PD Teamspeak Issues

I am going to Address the Issue of the Police Teamspeak and explain what it is used for. 

When you join the Police Department, you are given access to a Police Discord, and a Police Teamspeak. 

The Police Teamspeak looks as follows:

LbgnS3Y.png

This is the Police Teamspeak setup. As you can see, there are Three Channels listed as IC. The rest are listed as OOC. When an issue that requires mass police presence arises, a PD member may call over the radio for a "Tac Call". This means that all available Officers, or one requested, must then switch to the Tac Channel called. Either 1, 2 or 3. This is so that the PD members may ICly talk over an IC means, and direct each other in pursuits, or other large situations. 

While this is useful, there are also the issues that you cannot hear what they say In these Tac Calls, Ingame. Suggestions have been given that they must talk ingame as they talk over the Tac Channel, but none have been implemented. These Tac Calls are not my issue, however, they can be seen as an unfair advantage to PD members, as they are able to silently communicate their plans.

A rebuttal to that statement that Tac Calls give them an unfair advantage of "silent" communication during a pursuit or situation might be that "Well, you wouldn't be able to hear us communicate over radio in our cruisers while in a pursuit", but many a time have I been in a pursuit and witnessed other PD members comments over the Tac Channel how the suspect was calling over Radio.

My issue concerns mainly the OOC Channels. These are to be used by the Unit pertaining to their names. However, very often will other units be inside of that units Channel to communicate OOCly. This may not seem like an issue, but many a time these OOC channels are used in an IC sense in that metagaming is common. It can be as small as communicating where your location is, or saying that you are dead, the situations are infinite. It happens very often, and one solution is to simply remove these OOC channels, or have you muted inside of them. Units do need a channel to hang out in, so that they may switch to TAC with ease. However, do they need to be able to talk inside of these channels? I've had tons of conversations inside of these channels that concern things happening ICly, and it may not seem like a big deal while doing it, but I can see that this is actual metagaming and many officers do it on a daily basis.

When I told the Chief this was going on, she just said that if I gave her evidence of this then she would resolve this, but that's the issue. None of us have access to the Teamspeak to witness this going on. It just goes on. So why not just remove the OOC channels, or have it so there are no talking privileges inside of the Teamspeak channels?