Cousin

Car speakers not playing Bug

Date and time (provide timezone): 30/10/2020 5:17pm EST

Character name: Cousin Armstrong

Issue/bug you are reporting: Car speakers are not working nor playing audio. the link shows to be sent, but again no audio comes out.

Expected behavior:  Car speaker should play the song requested via the YouTube link sent to the speaker

Evidence, notes worth mentioning, steps to replicate: Place a speaker in the glove box, type /CARURL *Link*, link should pop up and audio should begin to play

• Upvote 3

Date and time (provide timezone): 26/OCT/2020 - After the modview release

Character name: Julia Knox

Issue/bug you are reporting: Car Radios being broken since Modview update

Expected behavior:  Car Radios working

Evidence, notes worth mentioning, steps to replicate
They were working all the way up to the modview update on 26/OCT/2020. I have video of the Car Radio working on October 25, 2020 1:02:16 AM  (1603587736) attached. 
Please note, I do still have the delay issue I had reported where songs play late, it starts about 19 seconds after I tell it to start playing, so there is a gap.

Since the update the Car Radio does not work, and I have tried all the tricks that used to work.

• Direct Connect
  • /logout
  • Quit the game through menus and restart
  • ALT+F4 and restart

None of these work.
Evidence they worked on 25/OCT/2020 : 

Edited by ArrtaMyrdhyn
  • Upvote 1

I got it to work today, but only for a moment... 
Got it to play an Areosmith song (https://youtu.be/qbexOeoH5hg) after a direct connect..
Any time I tried to get it to play another song by issuing another /carurl it would restart the same one...
I then issued a /carurl without a song to stop playback and cannot get it to restart, even playing the same song it was playing.

Proof it was working.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Xx3dgASpU

Really not sure what can be done with this, as it seems to be so inconsistent now.. 

Edited by ArrtaMyrdhyn
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Victor Einhart said:

You used to be able to play songs using youtube videos with a codec value of less than 200 (viewable in "stats for nerds" on a video) however this workaround no longer functions.  Some videos appear to work after a significant wait, however it doesn't play for anyone else except the person who switched it on.

Actually a few weeks before, maybe a month or more, they changed it to work with 299 and 300's from what I was able to tell. But now they seem to work randomly and even when they do its a one time thing..