eradicati0n

Improvements to Oil Mining

This is a pretty short & simple suggestion.

Oil Mining has become very popular on the server, and the oil fields are quite often packed full of people mining oil. Even at the time of writing, at 9:30am BST, the field is full of people and all of the available oil spots are dry. This leads to quite a frustrating experience when trying to mine oil, relying mostly on luck and praying that people haven't touched the spot you've chosen in a while, though most of the time it instead leads to mining 10 or 20 oil, going dry, and having to stand around and wait.

To improve this, I'd simply suggest opening up oil mining spots at the other drilling rigs. In the field there are 8 drilling rigs, though only 4 have the ability to be mined from.  My idea is to simply add the ability to mine oil from the other 4 drilling rigs alongside the currently active ones. The current rate at which oil seems to regenerate in the hotspots seems fine, and increasing that rate runs the risk of the oil regenerating at the same rate it depletes, so having extra spots open at the same regen rate seems the best way to improve the job and make it less frustrating to do.

• Like 1

i have been oil mining since the job started and atleast oil mine 10 hours per day since then.

i have to disagree with you. my personal idea is to buff up ore mining again and maybe add a few more jobs instead. oil mining right now is good as it is . its just that this is the only legal job you can make good cash with so people cluster up here. . a step was taken to nerf rvs and it goes at 10 now and i mean it didnt stop me from mining even tho others stopped.

my suggestion would be to buff up mining again since its dead and maybe add a few scripted jobs

• NAY 1

+1 love this idea, and like all the other jobs, the devs will no doubt nerf oil mining rather than improve it. I think as a last resort and the only remaining legal scripted CIV job that pays decent money, this needs to be added. Cmon devs, I know the economy is pretty much in the crapper but let’s save what’s left please, and build upon it. 

Edited by ITZ_THE_F0NZ

11 hours ago, Rukicake said:

i have been oil mining since the job started and atleast oil mine 10 hours per day since then.

i have to disagree with you. my personal idea is to buff up ore mining again and maybe add a few more jobs instead. oil mining right now is good as it is . its just that this is the only legal job you can make good cash with so people cluster up here. . a step was taken to nerf rvs and it goes at 10 now and i mean it didnt stop me from mining even tho others stopped.

my suggestion would be to buff up mining again since its dead and maybe add a few scripted jobs

Honestly yeah, I'd rather re-buff mining a little and add some more jobs, or at least career paths for the freelance jobs that offer salary improvements, better job vehicles etc. I wouldn't even mind if the price floor was lowered a little on Oil, its more for making it more accessible, less frustrating, and a bit more accessible for people that don't camp in RVs

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.