Henry Goodman

Apartment complex robberies

I keep noticing more and more that inside a luxury apartment building in a nice neighbourhood you get to see street thungs masked and armed camping for people in a lobby, waiting on them to use elevator and then camping their doors after in hope owner will come outside and get his house robbed etc. Now same situation is happening for the garage. Day or night, makes absolutely no difference. Billion dollar luxury building with no CCTV is not possible, no matter how hard we try to find a luxury estate in pricy part of town, cctv will always be present. 

doors.png

Untitled.png

building.png

Apartment complex like this one, cheap, bad hood etc. should be legit for this kind of robberies.

hood.png

If we are playing on a roleplay server, lets roleplay then.

Edited by Henry Goodman
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

but don't you realize that the people living the "luxury" life have shotguns and tables and what not in their apartment?

with that being said, of course people are going to come and attempt to rob the house as there are goods in their which are also illegal to be owned. by the person living there.

The point being made is that in real life no random person off the street can simply walk into an apartment lobby. they all for the most part have key fob/code/ key access, so the fact that a group of people letting themselves in and hanging out in the lobby and/or hallways is unrealistic.

And I agree. Lobbies should have some kind of communal entry prevention

The point being made is that in real life no random person off the street can simply walk into an apartment lobby. they all for the most part have key fob/code/ key access, so the fact that a group of people letting themselves in and hanging out in the lobby and/or hallways is unrealistic.

And I agree. Lobbies should have some kind of communal entry prevention

I fully agree and it is un realistic however, having items like that in your apartment or area you live in will cause you to get robbed, many populated luxury areas get robbed, but having expensive items in your house that are Illegal will cause you to get raided. and not to mention, ((you need an ic reason to raid, meaning that this happened to people who did the other person wrong and not just that who enters their apartment))

but don't you realize that the people living the "luxury" life have shotguns and tables and what not in their apartment?

with that being said, of course people are going to come and attempt to rob the house as there are goods in their which are also illegal to be owned. by the person living there.

I think you missed the point. If we roleplay than robberies like this are nonRP. I mean i never saw 2 masked guys with 0.50cal sitting in the lobby of my building all day waiting for someon to come home haha.

I think you missed the point. If we roleplay than robberies like this are nonRP. I mean i never saw 2 masked guys with 0.50cal sitting in the lobby of my building all day waiting for someon to come home haha.

oh sorry then, I've misled myself ahaha, but with that point yes I don't think your allowed to be masked in a building waiting for a long time, although if you waited for a short time I don't think that would be much of Non RP

Whole building security like lobby that only inhabitans have keys to, cameras around the building and in the lobby. To be honest almost every cheap building nowdays have cctv on entrence cuz its so inexpensive and useful. And here we are talking about luxury building that not anyone can afford living in. I simply cant find any good RP connection for something like this to be legit.

Just ask yourself, how many times you saw armed and masked thugs in your luxury building lobby? Give me a rough number. I know its 0 but still.

I do not believe the solution to this is rule changes as I believe seems to be suggested in OP post, but by 2 things.

#1 - CCTV operations in lobby once the development of CCTV is complete (probably already planned) and;

#2 - A communal access system for those who would have or need access to the building (Tenants, Government, Realtors?) in the form of a keypad door with a single code OR each apartment has a lobby code assigned to it. PD investigations should be able to see a history of pins or entry times for a past set duration of time. I do not suggest a simple access list solution (like doors in PD or DOC) as this does not allow players a good chance to RP a way to enter the lobby.

These two RP introductions will, in my opinion, IC'ly curb the issues OC mentioned by forcing crim's to take steps to figure out a way to enter the building without rousing suspicion, and then once they are in to not be identified.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.