Ben Stealher

Admins should allow RP to play out without halting good RP

The other day I saw some admins turning into deer, so I pulled out my phone /record and recorded it. I put together a short video, removing the parts where the admins turned into the deer and blurring out the admins text. I contacted Weazel News network and they wanted to buy the story, the weazel news put together a long story about, probably took him 1-2 hours IRL of his own time and then the admins shut him down when he went to post it because they were the deer.

Below is my video and my suggestion is simple, if you're going to create scenarios like this then you should allow players to RP the situation. No one would film these kinds of scenarios and not have it posted on the news.

• Upvote 1

I'm sure the admins just wanna have fun, and I can't say I've seen stuff like this happen much before, but bizarre RP is still RP. Sure, two deer attacking PD in the middle of a huge city is weird, but it should be allowed, as its fun and fairly inconsequential RP.

The only time I can say that I've seen anything similar is way, way back. I'd been playing the server for maybe 3 or 4 months and pulled into the gas station near the Pier on the highway. An admin/mod was there with his tank, swinging the barrel around and having some OOC banter, at which point he accidentally fired and blew up half the people at the station. We were immediately revived, but it was still funny both IC and OOC. However, given how strict some of the rules are, stuff like that shouldn't really be allowed to happen as it really blurs the line between IC and OOC. However, something like this is inconsequential and should be allowed to slide

Edited by eradicati0n
  • Like 1

I was the officer in the scene and I would say I had a fair bit of fun. I wouldn't mind seeing this on Weazel News but if staff forbids it then they must have a reason for it.

Wouldn't mind doing this again, only complaint is that they should've turned godmode off after we had rifles.

EDIT: Nevermind I just watched the video and its a different scenario. Either way what I said still stands.

Edited by kenichis

I did spend a lot of time and effort for this video and I think it unfair for admins to just toss it out without any consideration... I paid money for the footage and now I miss out on my bonus as well...

Sir, I absolutely LOVE your edit. I really enjoyed working with you and I hope they change their mind as you deserve that bonus!

Hello, thank you for your suggestion.

The incidents that took place in a time span of 2-3 hours with certain staff members attacking players as animals should never have happened. We have internal guidelines and regulations that we expect staff to follow, an event like this would need to be pre-approved by a member of Senior Staff but it never was. As a result of that, you had for example one of the most skittish animals in the animal kingdom going on a attack spree in the city, traveling together with a cougar who would normally prey on its travel companion. 

We do not deem this as acceptable RP according to our standards and the standards that we want the community to follow, thus we did not want to allow the event to be pushed through Weazel News on an In Character level. It's a voided situation. 

While it's unfortunate that there was a lot of time spent on editing the footage, we have standards that we want to uphold.

- Osborn.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.