Magnolia

PSA from a frustrated reporter

Hi, my name is magnolia and I have a character in Weazel News.

I would like to kindly, very kindly, tell you that it is in fact possible to roleplay with a journalist.

After joining the faction a few days ago, I have been threatened by almost literally every single person I have tried to interview.

"Hello sir, my name's Chaz Leone and I represent Weazel News, can I have a comment on what happened here?"

(on the scene of a car crash)

"Fack off ya mug or I'll take ya head off"

"Officer, can you give Weazel News a comment on what has happened here?"

(On a scene where a criminal is lying on the ground being tended to by a medic)

"I'm reporting this to your boss, what's your name? I don't believe you, show me your license or I will arrest you. Alright, leave the area right now or I will arrest you."

Trying to interview people inside a club, suddenly gunshots are heard and everyone runs outside to see what is happening. And what is happening? The news van is being shot up, just because fuck journalists, right?

https://gyazo.com/dde489e7257a8f0c1a0480deba6110b6

PLEASE, KINDLY, try to actually roleplay with us evil journalists rather than tell us to fuck off or threaten to kill us and everyone we know

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I agree people don't role play with journalists enough. But a reporter would also not walk onto an active police scene or if they would they wouldn't care about revealing their identity by showing their ID to police claiming they have no right to ask for it, because of course they do.

police however need to rethink their media strategy and let officers answer questions, or get a spokesman IC or through an OOC means that is treated ICly.

1 hour ago, Triple Seven said:

But a reporter would also not walk onto an active police scene or if they would they wouldn't care about revealing their identity by showing their ID to police claiming they have no right to ask for it, because of course they do.

I'm not completely sure where you're getting this from as I've never seen this happen nor has anyone ever told me our employees tell the police they "have no right to ask for it"? If it did happen, please enlighten me.

Edited by ItsPazz
  • Upvote 1