Arrta

Speaker and Car Speaker play delayed music (up to 1 min).

Issue Being Reported: Speaker and Car Speaker play delayed music. But only for me, everyone else it is normal.

Date and Time of Issue (provide timezone): Multiple times latest was between 6:00pm and 7:00pm EDT

Your characters name: Julia Ohara

Other player(s) involved: Andrexea Knox in this video. But I have talked to multiple others and they all report hearing the song start when the speaker puts up the text.

Evidence and/or notes worth mentioning: 
This happens with standalone speakers and car speakers, and only seemingly affects me. I have yet to talk to any other player who sees this issue.
If you watch this video you will see the speaker reports the song is over. The other players around me also hear the song end, but it continues to play for me.
After the song finishes for me Andrexea starts a new song, and you can see the speaker report this, but it takes up to 1 min for me to hear the start of the song.
If the DJ were to start a new song the moment they heard the previous song stop, then the song for me would end early, and I would again get 1 min of dead air before the next one starts. I say dead air, but that's not entirely accurate. Because sometimes I hear the song stuttering the first few milliseconds of audio repetitively for up to 1 min before playing the song normal 
This is not something new with the latest update. It was happening with the game before the Aug 12th updates. 

Edited by ArrtaMyrdhyn
Issue is back

happens with me as well

Sometimes it does take time to play the song and sometimes it does not play it at all

So, you get that same delay? As awesome as it is to have someone else that has it.. it sucks that we do not know why.

If someone else is DJ we miss some of the song due to the next one starting. If we are DJ the others hear dead air for about a min between songs

Hey @ArrtaMyrdhyn , there is not much that we can do since the problem is up to Rage and it's servers. There is always going to be a delay between players especially when speakers are the problem. 

An example that I always come across is that when I play something trough the vehicle speaker the other individual that is in the vehicle has a delay of somewhere around 5 seconds. It's a overall problem with the whole server so yea, not much we can do....

Sincerely,

RedFox.

The weird thing is this started working fine a few days ago.. But I had windows updates pending.. it was taking about 5 seconds to start..

Then today I restarted to install the updates and now its at 15-18 seconds.. I'm not not sure where the hell the issue lies.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.