Arrta

Truckers Feature Requests

1. Allow the CB to be heard if your door is open and you are within a short range of the truck. Does not allow you to reply, but you can listen in on the CB.
1a. Alternately add a CB frequency to the radio, only available to truckers?

2. If we are not going to add NPC orders to limit the downtime, change AFK for truckers. Even just increasing the length a little would help.
2a. Secondary to this, if you are at a pickup/dropoff location, disable AFK for that time. Because of the time it takes to fill up some of these orders we get AFK notices just sitting there loading. Once the loading/unloading is completed, restore normal AFK.

3. Increase the pay for long runs, but do not penalize the business owners for this. Having to make a fuel run from the refinery up to Sandy Shores or Paleto Bay should pay more for the distance. Making a run to those areas for 2k payouts is a joke.

Edited by ArrtaMyrdhyn
  • Upvote 2

+1 love the first two points, super important for the trucking jobs.

point no.3: agree with all what you suggested , +the whole system of payments and ordering need to be renewed and should have a regulations.
e.g. (fuel trailer can't hold more than 48 000l, so they can't order one order of 120 000l, they need to do 3 orders...) 

1 hour ago, John Kovach said:

point no.3: agree with all what you suggested , +the whole system of payments and ordering need to be renewed and should have a regulations.
e.g. (fuel trailer can't hold more than 48 000l, so they can't order one order of 120 000l, they need to do 3 orders...) 

Thanks. I like the idea of real world capacities. I just looked it up and found an article that said tanker trailers can hold 11600 gallons, or 43900 litres.

There is also the problem of trucking orders being 10x what they say they are.. For example if you get an order for 500, its actually 5000 in the trailer for some reason.. If you have checked out the panel site, the gas stations reportedly have max capacity of 20k. The order I saw the other day was 18160 on the order. Which would have meant that the station only had 1840 remaining in their tanks. So a order for 18160 was correct, but when I got to the refinery, it said I needed to load 181600.. 10x the order, resulting in massive wait times. Which is why I think the AFK for trucking should be off when loading/unloading.

Edited by ArrtaMyrdhyn

Good ideas and mostly can be resolved ICly.

1. CB Radio: Could alternatively make it known and fairly public, even over CB that truckers can switch to a RPly known common use radio frequency that could be promoted ICly. This could be a specific frequency like 26 and 27 MHz frequencies that are the most common CB channels (IRL), or you could simply stick with, 1, or 32 (C=3, B=2). Could even be designated frequency by a trucking association (ref).
  2. AFK / Jobs: Check out my NPC order idea here. I agree with removing, or extending afk timers for truckers. Trucker job employees should also get order notifications when they are outside their truck, maybe an on/off duty toggle that can be triggered from any truck. Or allow players to take the trucker job, from any truck itself.
  3. Increased Pay: I agree that long runs with large loads can be hard to justify doing when the pay is low. Unfortunately this should fall on the owner and is an IC issue. I do believe though different adjustments should be made when it comes to this though that could help. Examples like allowing larger loads, increasing load times or adding a multiplier to further reduce load amount (1 truck capacity = 4 station capacity).
Edited by Xoza