YanYan

Citybee Rent Revamp

The citybee rent right now is useless. And there are multiple reasons why. A lot of the time if you wanted to rent a scooter, it would say that it's out and you need to call a taxi. One of my suggestions would be to add more scooters so that people can actually go and rent one instead of having it empty most of the time. Also, if you could add more vehicles to rent instead of just the scooter, that would be good as well.

• Upvote 1

Also the option to get a rent vehicle regardless of how many taxis members are online as more often than not, response times can be soaringly long or they cancel you out. Although, most my encounters with them have always been great. Citybee should just be a vehicle rental place available for all. When you dont have a vehicle and no taxis are online travelling becomes a mundane task that is annoying and xounter intuitice to play the game.

Edited by LuchaLeii

Tentative +1 from me.

Incentivizing people to take taxi trips is crucial to keeping DCC relevant, along with providing new players easy access to talk with someone who probably knows the city like the back of their hand. Some of the most important information I learned when I first joined the server was from a taxi driver and, having worked at DCC for a short while, you'd be surprised how many questions about the city you get asked by passengers.

However, the current CityBee system is not great. It would be nice to be able to take out a Citybee when there are less than a certain amount of taxi drivers in the city, say 4 or 5. Citybees are of course cheaper than Taxis for the most part, though slower. Again, a tentative +1 because I don't want DCC to become invalidated, but CityBee is an important though fundamentally flawed part of city infrastructure.

The CityBee states it's "out" because Taxi drivers are available. I don't believe there's actually a 'limit' on the amount of City Bees.

I do agree that CityBees could use a little revamp, but not much.

• CityBees should be maintained by DCC, including rental price.
  • CityBees should be returned to a CityBee location for a small 'refund'.
  • You should be able to select a Cruiser Bicycle, A Faggio Sport or a Panto
  • There should only be a specific count available from all CityBee stations. (based on taxi drivers and server population)
  • You should be required to call a taxi first. If you are near a CityBee though when you call and your taxi request doesn't get a response in 60 seconds, a CityBee spawns.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.