AJ2toke

Every day server crashes-Losing Crates and more-No refunds

Well i dont know what has bin going on but there has bin a server crash everyday. Iv lost more than 35 crates. Today i had just sold 5 tables to a friend, 5 minutes later server crashes. He lost the tables! What is going on? The refund policy seems like no one cares. "proof unless its a bug that is known". My refund got denied becouse of no proof, but it says Unless the bug is server wide and known. So you guys dont see that server is crashing? Im pretty sure its a known thing because after yesterdays crash an admin put a "We will not refund lost crates doe to crash" message. So there is a contradiction to the return policy because you are aware of the bug. People are losing there stuff, its killing the rp. You cant rely on anything being on the ground because any second it will be ripped from you. Its literally every day recovering from the previous server crash, to lose it all once again the next day. 

What is going on? What is being done to fix this?

PS: Thank you for all the hard work you put into making this a good server. No one or anything is perfect, but we can make it better day by day. 

Edited by AJ2toke
  • Like 1

I agree 100% and this is not fair at all. Even if you have proof crates are not refunded. 10 crates are like 30k since people started selling them for around 2.500 or more due to them being in high demand because of these crashes. If feels like you guys don't care about us at all. Are you doing something to fix this at least? 

19 hours ago, demonmkd2 said:

I agree 100% and this is not fair at all. Even if you have proof crates are not refunded. 10 crates are like 30k since people started selling them for around 2.500 or more due to them being in high demand because of these crashes. If feels like you guys don't care about us at all. Are you doing something to fix this at least? 

Im sure there aware of the problem and working to fix it. I think it would be nice for someone to tell us this 🙂

@Jaquan Smith Yeah but we shouldn't have to. Is not not perfectly RP to put your crate down on the ground and expect to find it in the same spot when you return unless it has been stolen? It makes perfect RP sense but what doesn't make sense is crashes making you lose something that rply should have been there and influencing the in game economy by increasing the price of something that is in demand because people keep loosing them to crashes 

Totally agree with you and I'm glad someone made a thread about this issue.

There are two simple possibilities of what's causing, and I'll be hoping it is the second one :

1. The server can't load all the players movement, crashes and automatically does a rollback   

SOLUTION: If possible, pay for higher-end server machines. If not, we'll have to understand and stick with it, but this will be a HUGE downside, and if it continues to occur, expect the player base to drop because no one wants to lose gear/items worth 2-3-4 hours of farm in an accidental restart.

2. Random server restarts by the staff without any warnings or whatsoever.     

SOLUTION: Send an automated WARNING whenever the server is about to restart. This takes minutes to implement.