forgonesoul

Credit system and Server Economy

To start off this thread, I am very happy to see some sort of rewards for players who donate to the server. Great incentive to help raise money for the server it's self. How ever I do see a major issue that could come out of this. Being able to purchase cars with credits. I am not sure if there is a system in place to make it so the credit bought cars can not be sold to other players, but I feel as if this would ruin the economy. Here is why I think that.

Being able to buy cars with real life cash/credits would then ruin the dealership owners jobs. I believe people would much rather spend real life cash to just get what they want for a car right there and then instead of working towards it to add money into the economy and buying the vehicles from a dealership. I also foresee a issue of people donating larges amount of money and then importing their own vehicles to then sell them to other players for dirt cheap prices. I feel like this could eventually do major harm to the server. I have seen this happen on many legitimate games, especially GTA V Online. I am quite concerned and would like additional suggestions or ideas to add onto this thread. Thank you for taking the time to read and review this suggestion.

Sincerely,

Jason Winter

The impact on the economy should not be significant, because they can't just spawn money, they need to find a buyer first and the buyer's money comes from player earned salaries. Also, it's not expected that many people will use this system to import vehicles, because most would rather wait a little longer and earn in-game money than spend real cash. But in the event of a rich person donating a lot of money and abusing it, I will add a vehicle sale cooldown for a few weeks to protect the car dealers. If the system gets abused despite the cooldown, I will implement harsher restrictions.

• Upvote 2

The impact on the economy should not be significant, because they can't just spawn money, they need to find a buyer first and the buyer's money comes from player earned salaries. Also, it's not expected that many people will use this system to import vehicles, because most would rather wait a little longer and earn in-game money than spend real cash. But in the event of a rich person donating a lot of money and abusing it, I will add a vehicle sale cooldown for a few weeks to protect the car dealers. If the system gets abused despite the cooldown, I will implement harsher restrictions.

Thank you Osvaldon. I just do not want to see this game get ruined. I have played many games before where the game offers certain in game items fthat would be a bit hard to obtain by normal standards and they offer them on a donations reward and it has ruined many great servers. It also raises concern that players can buy these super and hyper cars which can easily evade and out run police. But again, Thank you!